It is Wednesday and it is time for the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. Tell us about one fun thing on your June calendar.
A canoe outing with my family.
2. How careful are you in the sun? Do you tan or burn? Do you make it a point to see the dermatologist every year?
In the past two years I have started to be much more careful in the sun. I use to not care and I can see now the harm I did to my skin. I tan very easy and I can get very dark in the summer. My nose is what I did not care well enough for. I was a lifeguard for three summers in my college years.
At this time, no I do not see a dermatologist.
3. Describe a time when you wanted to 'throw in the towel'?
Teaching Sunday School...Sometimes I just do not feel like I know how to connect with the kids or if I even know what I am doing. We are on summer break and I am praying about next season.
4. What's a song you love that has a day of the week in the title or lyrics?
I grew up in the 80's ... another middle school song.
The Bangles ~ Manic Monday
5. Are you a fan of berries? Which one's your favorite? What's the most recent berry dish you've eaten? Which blueberry breakfast food appeals to you most-blueberry pancakes, blueberry yogurt, or a blueberry muffin?
I love berries and my family loves berries.
Strawberry season is a favorite for us. We have a local pick your own strawberry farm that we go to every year. My favorite berries are strawberries and blackberries.
I have not eaten a berry dish lately. In a few weeks it will be strawberry shortcake with fresh Wisconsin strawberries.
I love blueberry yogurt and blueberry muffins.
6. What's something you want to do before your next birthday?
My birthday is December 12th.
I would like to have made the best of this year, spending time with my family, friends and making this world a better place with what I can offer.
7. June 1st is National Say Something Nice Day, so let's all say something nice here.
|~ Source ~|
8. Insert your own random thought here.
In the last week we have received over 5 inches of rain!
Everything is lovely green and growing.
Rain on the Deck