About The River

Monday, May 30, 2016

Thank You ~ America's White Table



I found this book several years ago. It is so powerful. If you have not read it, I encourage you to read it. I read it aloud to my boys and family each Memorial Day. 
It is a children's book, it is so well done to bring the meaning of each veteran's gift of freedom to us. 
Thank you, Hero's!

A little - known tradition to the outside civilian world, "the white table" originated during the time of the Vietnam War as a symbol for and remembrance to service members held prisoner of war or missing in action. Solitary and solemn, it is the table where no one will ever sit.

Thank you to all men and women in uniform who dedicated their lives to freedom's cause.

 ♥
Carla
 

 


9 comments:

  1. Carla, I will look that book up. I have never heard of it. Thanks & Happy Memorial Day to you and your family- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to read the book. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! I haven't seen that book. I love what it's about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla I will check that book out. I too have never heard of that one. Hope your Memorial day was wonderful.
    Have a great rest of the week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, my brother-in-law served in the Vietnam War. I love children's books, and anything with a red rose on it intrigues me. :)

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am visiting our new library this week. I will look for this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to look it up. The artwork on the cover is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tribute to this book, I have to find it!!! Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds wonderful. I'll look for it. I love book recommendations.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!