About The River

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Welcome April

April Showers Bring May Flowers

Fun Facts about April
April 7th - Bald eagles and Canada geese nesting
April 16th - Walleyes spawning


Growing up in Northern Wisconsin, going with my parents to shine the walleye spawning was a spring tradition.
We would go to Connors Lake, check it out here

We went at night and shine for the walleye. You can see them because a walleye's eye shines. You take a spot light, same as you use when you shine for deer in the fall. You shine the water and you will see the fish.




It was always lots of fun. Something I will always remember.   

How about you, any spring traditions growing up?

We took the boys walleye shining last spring, but did not see any. The waterway has changed from when I was little, so my dad thought the fish may go elsewhere.
    

1 comment:

  1. I remember pulling nightcrawlers in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!