About The River

Friday, May 16, 2014

Little Boys

 Little Boys
It seems so long ago.
My boys are growing up fast!

The past few weeks we have been doing some Spring Cleaning. I hear "Mom, we do not play with this anymore." "Mom, I think we can get rid of the sandbox, we only played in it when our little friends came over." "Mom, I think we are done with ..."



 Lake Superior
Camping at Herbster Wisconsin
This was one of our best camp trips. We had great weather, built so many sand castles, went for great hikes and made lots of memories.


 Li'L Toot
That was Atticus' nickname for awhile, we still call him that once in awhile.

We found this boat with his name on it in the Cornucopia Marina ~ Lake Superior.

Our Li'L Toot has a birthday on Sunday! He will be 12! 


Why God Made
Little Boys

God made the world out of his dreams,
Of wondrous mountains, oceans, and streams,
Prairies and plains and wooded land,
Then paused and thought
"I need someone to stand
On top of the mountains, to conquer the seas,
Explore the plains, and climb the trees.
Someone to start out small and grow,
Sturdy, strong like a tree, and so...
He created boys, full of spirit and fun,
To explore and conquer, to romp and run,
With dirty faces, banged up chins, 
With courageous hearts and boyish grins.
When He had completed the task He'd begun 
He surely said "That is a job well done."


I am so thankful for my growing boys. 

Have a great weekend!
 

11 comments:

  1. Carla, what a precious post....the pictures and words brought tears to my eyes. Our children do grow up so quickly. When I look back through my memories, those days of being together as a family were the best of all times. We used to read aloud together, I can still remember our daughter who was about 11, would get all choked up over the sad parts of any book. When the girls came home from school, sometimes we would all knit together, while they told me all about the ups and downs of their day at school. You are such a wonderful family, It shines out of your blog and makes me smile. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet photo with that boat. Happy birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing us the photos of your cute little guys...

    And I appreciate the view of the Great Lakes, living near the ocean all of my life, I have never really had a chance to see them. And to realize just how big they are....

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your Li's Toot!! They do grow up so fast. It's nice to have those sweet photos to remember all of the good times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you. They really grow up fast. A wise friend once told me: the days are long, but the years are short. So true indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The joys of boys!! Your boys are so cute!! What a great post and I loved the poem!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is nice to see your boys playing happily in the sand. Sometimes we will come to know only after they say that they are going to put their toys out since it is for small kids that they are grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such fun time with your sweet boys....making memories! I raised 4 boys and loved every minute of it. They are grown now but I still talked to one today....about crawdads he had caught. lol Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a charming post .
    Li'l toot , ha ha love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post, Carla! Watching our boys grow up is exciting and wonderful and going waaaay too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to hearing about the new memories you all make this summer!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!