About The River

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Baseball is Back and so is the Hodgepodge

Baseball is back. Did you know I love the Milwaukee Brewers?
Yep, the Brewers are going to be rebuilding the team this year and for the next few. I have a lot of new players to learn. Ups and downs, I still enjoy the game. 
And the best part is listening on the radio to Mr. Baseball call the game.

It is Wednesday! It is time for the Hodgepodge!
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.





1. What does retirement mean to you? Are you planning for it, not thinking about it, looking forward to it, or dreading it?

Retirement sounds like fun to me. I am not thinking about it yet, I am in raising Teen Age Son mode right now.  My son Sam has his driver's test Monday. 

 2. It's International Guitar Month...do you play? Does anyone in your family play? What's a song you especially like to hear played on the guitar or a favorite song featuring the guitar?
I wish I woke up knowing how to play the guitar. I love the guitar. Sadly, no one in our family plays.

Our worship leader is an amazing guitar player. I love how he leads our church in worship.
I love campfire songs with the guitar. 
I love music...so this list could go on and on!

 3. What's your comfort food?

Soup!

 4. What's one activity or area of your life where you absolutely never procrastinate?
Getting outside and spending time in the garden.
 5. Who does the grocery shopping in your house? Does your local store bag the groceries for you or is it a do-it-yourself kind of place? Do you like someone packing your groceries?
My husband and I enjoy going together to do the grocery shopping.
Yes, our local market bags our groceries.
I do like someone packing my groceries. I do place my items out of the cart on to the check out somewhat in the order of how I like things to be bagged. My husband laughs at my ways.
 6. What's the coolest thing you've seen in nature?



Glacier National Park ~ Montana, USA
and
Heart Rocks



 7. Share a favorite quote about home.

My Kitchen Prayer
God bless my little kitchen
I love its every nook
And bless me as I do my work
Wash pots and pans and cook.

 8. Insert your own random thought here.

 Our first born son will be celebrating his 16th birthday on Thursday.
I honestly have no idea where the time has gone. 
This little man of mine, now can pick up his mom and has to stoop down to hug her.
We talk and the talks we have are so special to me. It is always before bed, it always has been before bed. He will open up, tell me his dreams, what may be troubling him or just share something funny.
 
I am proud of him. He is a Godly young man. I pray he will continue on the path.
Happy Birthday to Sam!


16 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Sam! He can take his drivers test early..our kids have to be at least 16 1/2. I know you'll enjoy this baseball season. I like to pack my own groceries, hubby worked at a store and is a master bagger. I'm not as good as he is but way better than most cashiers around here. I do like to group my things by where I'll be putting them away and bag them together. I always bring my own bags too. Enjoy birthday week!! Party time soon?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your answers and love that heart rock. Happy Birthday to Sam! What a nice young man...and handsome too! It's funny this morning. Your thumbnail is right under mine in my blog roll and it looks like you are joining Wednesday Wee ones! heehee! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to read your answers this a.m., Carla. We wish Sam a very special birthday. Hope your weather warms up and you can dig in the dirt soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Sam!! It goes way too fast doesn't it? I love the before bedtime talks and I will miss them when she leaves for college in the fall. I know that people curse technology, but I for one and am grateful, hoping that we will use it to continue to chat when she's far away. Good luck on that driving test...ah the fun is just beginning! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the photos, loved your answers, Happy Birthday to Sam. Stopping in from Hodge Podge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Sam and good luck on the driver test.

    I should be retired at 69 but I can only dream right now. My comfort food is Fish and Chip. I never procrastinate on feeding the calves and barn cats.
    Have a beautiful day. Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your son, Sam! How wonderful to hear he is a Godly young man. I do the same thing when I put groceries up on the belt. There is a method to my madness ;) Have a great rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your son! Hope the driving test is a success!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck to your son on his driver's test! I remember how exciting that was for my own kids but kinda worrisome for dear ol' momma...haha I'm always on the lookout for heart rocks! I love your kitchen prayer...very fitting since so much time is spent in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Happy Bitthday Sam! 16 WOW! I think a bowl of soup with help you make it through, it's a big one and he sounds like one sweet boy! Good luck to him Monday! You'll have a driving boy in your future :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love learning more about you with these Hodge Podge posts. Of course I don't need this sort of encouragement. lol!

    Happy Birthday to Sam. My sons tower over me, too.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed your post. It sounds like you have a great relationship with your son - not always easy at his age. I hope you all have a great birthday celebration and good luck with the driving test.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Carla. I remember those bedtime talks with my son, too. A very special time. I just love heart-shaped rocks. This week I made vegetable beef soup. Oh, so yummy! Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love listening and watching people play guitar, it's truly a gift. My sister plays a little, and my nephew is quite good and I love listening to him play :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those driving years....not an easy time for us mother's! I love the heart rock and our National Parks are awesome. Hope Sam had a Happy Birthday.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do like your Kitchen Prayer, Carla. Happy Monday.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!