About The River

Friday, February 2, 2018

On the Road Friday ~ Chazen Museum of Art ~ Madison, Wisconsin

October 2017 our family took a week long explore to Madison, Wisconsin.
Chazen Museum of Art was one of our favorites. We all were impressed on how many galleries were at the museum.

Ancient
European 1300-1600
European 1600 - 1800
Contemporary Glass and Ceramics
European and American 19th Century
European and American 20th Century
Midwest American 20th Century
International 21st Century
Asian
African

Temporary Exhibit

German Expressionist
Prints

 


 A few of our favorites. The above is from the German Gallery.



This was a favorite of mine.
I love how the grandpa is sharing stories of the sea with his granddaughter. She has placed the broom on the floor, work can wait, stories from grandpa and his adventures can not. It also looks like she brought him a bouquet of flowers.



 The Question that Devours
This one gave me the chills and at the same time I liked it. "Wow" is all we could say.



Do you have a favorite Museum of Art?


11 comments:

  1. It's so hard to pick one!! I've been to the MOMA, The Met, The Philadelphia MOA, and The Louvre, to name a few....probably The Louvre because I need more time in there and to go back to Paris!Thanks for sharing your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wolf one gave me chills too. I wonder what it means!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh---that wolf one is almost eerie (at least to me).
    I have never been to that museum but will try to go the next time I get to Madison.
    I always LOVED the Ringling Museum of Art (which is NOT a circus museum despite its name) in Sarasota FL. It was awesome. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla, I love all art museums. I was at the Getty museum in L.A. in 2007. Awesome.. Chicago's museum is the best I have been too..oh wait, I forgot I was at the Smithsonian, air and space museum in D.C. Different kind of art...but I loved it , as I love anything to do with flight. But when I went into the museum in Chicago, I almost cried seeing a Renoir next to a Monet. Things I dreamed of as a child. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great museum. That wolf getting ready to kill the bunny is very real and chilling.
    Happy Friday.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to put my laptop on sideway to get a better view of that wolf pouncing on that poor little rabbit. lol.
    I've been to several amazing museums in Glasgow but I can't remember the names and one in Ottawa.
    They are all so interesting. It's great that your boys are exposed to these and to a lot of other educational outings.
    Take care, Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Question That Devours...now I want to know WHAT the question IS. I do love the girl and her grandfather. Looks like grandpa lost a leg in a sailing adventure. I bet he had some amazing stories to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my favorite would be the same as yours...the grandpa and granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That grandfather painting would have likely been my favorite too.
    We've been to very few museums of art, so I can't pick a favorite. The most recent we visited was the Minnesota Marine Art Museum in Winona. We enjoyed it quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you guys take so many trips together. We try to do that, too. Our museums are always so crowded. It takes the fun out of them sometimes. Are yours generally crowded? This one looks delightfully quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the grandfather and granddaughter too, that contrast between the old and the young.

    Our Frist Center for the Visual Arts here in Nashville is a lovely place in itself, housed in a very old downtown post office built in Art Deco style. You don't know whether to look at the paintings and sculptures or up at the gorgeous ceiling.

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!