About The River

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

It is a 12/12 Medley



It is Wednesday and it is time for the Wednesday Medley.
Terri asks the questions.
We answer the questions.



1.  National Ding-a-Ling Day is observed across the United States each year on December 12.  Ding-a-Lings on this day call the people they haven’t heard from in a while.  It may be an old classmate, co-worker or neighbor from years ago.  Or perhaps a call will go out to the child who used to mow the grass during the summer.  How about that couple who carpooled for soccer. There are all sorts of people in our lives who manage to slip out of our lives who would love to hear the ding-a-ling of a call from you or me.  So tell us who you want to call today!

As I was starting my Christmas cards, I thought of a couple that we lost touch with when they moved to Indiana. Just yesterday we received a Christmas card and letter with an update on how they are doing.
I now have Bill and Cindy's new address so I will Ding ~ a  ~ Ling them this Holiday season.

2.  Each year on the 12th day of December, people across the United States recognize National Poinsettia Day.  I am including this "National Day" too because my neighbor's poinsettia from last year is blooming beside their house!!  Have you ever tried to plant a poinsettia outside?

WoW! I just want to say how fun to have a poinsettia bloom outside.
No, I have not tried to plant a poinsettia outside.

3.  Do you believe in Bigfoot?  What size shoe do you wear and do you have trouble shoe shopping?

Wisconsin has reports of Bigfoot sightings. In fact my hometown, Phillips, Wisconsin, was featured on a T.V. show all about Bigfoot.

I wear a size 6 1/2 shoe. I love Keen shoes, they are my go to shoes when I am out and about shoe shopping. They do come in many fun styles.

 
4.  What is one thing you refuse to share?

My husband .. LOL .. I have been known to hide Kit Kat bars in my desk drawer. 
 
 5.  Are you finding that this Christmas is stressful? More or less than last year?  
 

 I am feeling right on track for Christmas.
My cat Penelope on the other hand seems to be angry at Santa.

The galvanized tub you see, that is our Christmas tree. This is the third year we placed our tree in the galvanized tub, I just love the look.

 
6.  Tell us something random about your week so far!

 It is my birthday today!
12/12
 
One of my favorite birthday's was my 12/12/12 birthday!
 
Let's celebrate, have a cupcake.
 
 ♥
Carla
 
 

19 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday sweet friend! I hope your day is filled with happiness...oh and cake with sprinkles on top! Sending you LOTS of birthday hugs this morning! Have FUN!!! Holiday hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!!! I hope you have a fantastic day!!! And, I think you are definitely entitled to NOT share your husband~HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you're having a great day and getting spoiled! What a fun 12/12 post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Carla. I hope that you don't have to share that cupcake with Bigfoot.
    Have a great birthday.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birthday's are wonderful, Happy Birthday enjoy your week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Carla!! I hope you have a wonderful day! I think ding-a-ling day is a good idea! And I love the galvanized look for your tree. I have several galvanized things, they are like farmhouse chic. Penelope is beautiful! We had a Siamese cat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, your Penelope is beautiful! Happy Birthday! … My son's birthday is also today, but I didn't know about Frank Sinatra.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kitty is beautiful!!! Thank-you for sharing a picture of her!
    I am so happy to read most of us are right on track for Christmas this year! Fantastic! It just makes Christmas that much more fun.
    Happy happy birthday!!! I hope your day has been great! I loved your answers. Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday - hope you've had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Carla!! As a fellow Badger, just wanted you to know that I have planted our poinsettias outside many times (in the spring) and they bloom beautifully. I've done it when we have had an especially healthy one that stays pretty through until the following Spring. Then, around Mother's Day I planted it in the ground. I have always had great luck. One particular plant I then brought inside again in the Fall. It lasted the Winter and I planted it outside again in May and it bloomed again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband!!! Hahaha!! I just laughed out loud...love it. And Happy Birthday Carla!! I hope it was a wonderful day and you’re off to a fabulous new year. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday sweet friend. Have a fabulous birthday celebrating your sweet and kind heart. You deserve the best today. LOL about the cat and Santa!!! Too cute.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated birthday Carla! I hope you had a wonderful day celebrating! Funny pic of your cat and Santa...guess she really doesn't like him...LOL Love and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am late getting to everyone who joined the Medley this week and am so sorry I missed your birthday! Happy belated birthday to you!! Mine was the 11th so we are practically birthday sisters!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday Carla. Love seeing that cute cat. Hope you and your men are doing well and looking forward to the holidays. Blessings to you sweet girl, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday! My Dad thought that we could not get a fresh Christmas tree until 12/12.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Carla! Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a lovely celebration. Your cupcakes look scrumptious. It's early morning as I write this and I haven't had breakfast yet (Dennis is cooking it right now), so my mouth is watering. That galvanized tub is fun. Penelope is beautiful. What a pretty Christmas photo. I've been thinking about old friends I need to catch up with...ding-a-ling sounds like a good idea. Merry Christmas to you and your wonderful family! Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Many Happy Belated Birthday Wishes coming to you :)

    Loved seeing your cat photographs, so cute.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Belated Birthday!!! I hope your day was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!