About The River

Monday, May 4, 2020

Hosting a Summer Outdoor Dinner and Garden Tour

 August 2019 we hosted an outdoor dinner and garden tour for a group of friends.

Drinks
Infused Lemon Mint Water
Raspberry Mint Ice Tea

Appetizers
Toasted French Bread 
Herb Butters 
Rosemary 
and 
Dill

Main Course
Pasta Salads
Chicken Pasta Salad
Pepporoni Pasta Salad
 
Fruit Salads
Honey Fruit Salad

 Dessert
 S'more Bar

Create your own S'more

Marshmallow
Graham cracker

Hershey Chocolate Bar
or
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
or 
York Peppermint Patty


It was a lovely evening.

 

The garden showed off.. but this flower won all attention..


Hello Friends,
I have started to work in the garden. I have my garden area ready for planting. 
I received notice my onions shipped today.
My seedlings are growing. 
Most of my seeds shipped. A few packages were on back-order and I did receive notice they will not ship for this growing season.
I am going to check out a few local nurseries and greenhouses this week. They are open, they are considered an essential business. Some are doing curb side pick up.

How about your neck of the woods? Are greenhouses open for business?
 

12 comments:

  1. Good for you for getting your gardens ready for planting. I planted carrots and beets yesterday because it was supposed to rain today. I need to buy onion sets and spinach seeds. I'm planning to call a few plant nurseries tomorrow to see if they are opened.

    Take care and enjoy your gardening season.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely this was! I think the last two pictures are my favorite. What is this flower? Looks a bit like a Dahlia. The tablecloth looks like one piece! And for such a huge table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last years dinner looks so lovely now that we are in isolation.

    Our greenhouses are considered vital and are open. I need warmer temps to finalize my cosmos seed sow

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely. I hope you can do it again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful garden dinner! It all sounded amazing..especially the make your own s'mores dessert! The garden/farm stores seem to be open around here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to look back at last year and your sweet party. Your menu sounded so good. Our garden centers are open here too. In fact I am heading there today to get my mom and my mother in law a patio container of flowers for Mom's Day. It is chilly here this week but hopefully they can still be out on the patio and not have to be covered. 75 both day over the weekend and now we are down in the 40's this week. So crazy. I want to get my planting going but might have to wait another week or two. Hopefully soon. I am excited to get the garden flowers going. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. I first saw the picture and thought "no way she's hosting a party!" The pepperoni pasta salad sounds yummy and I'll take a Peanut Butter Cup. We planted a garden this year and I'm so excited to watch it grow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect dinner and tour! I am of course loving the idea of a S'more bar!
    Our local greenhouses are open, but operating differently and are selling out of select items quickly. We ordered half of our seeds and plants from a larger greenhouse out of Madison and were told that our plants are back ordered. Definitely a high demand for plants and seeds right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun party! I was working out in the garden today and noticed that my peas, radishes, rutabagas, and spinach are peeking up! Ready or not! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely look back.
    Our garden centres/nurseries are still shut at the moment, it would be lovely to see them open soon, but we must wait and see.

    Take care.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are now the epicenter for WI so there is pickups only at most places. My daughter did bring me a beautiful hanging basket today so I am thrilled with that. Your outdoor venue was beautiful, Carla.....lucky guests. Add my name to the invitation list next time, will ya? lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!