About The River

Friday, May 15, 2020

Opening Day


The long wait is over. The sleeping garden is waking up.
The Flower Shack officially opened on May 7th. This will be my 9th year selling fresh cut flowers at my Flower Stand.
I started in 2012, selling my bouquets on a card table set up in front of my house.
Each year came a few changes and in 2018 The Flower Shack was built.

My tulip crop this year was fantastic. I loved the colors.
I will plant more in the Autumn. Many, many more.

I sanitized The Flower Shack, the vases were handled with gloves.
The Flower Shack is self serve and curbside.
I did not have any complaints or problems during my opening day.

At the end of the day, I found a note left from a customer.

"Thank You!"
"Thank You!"

A great way to start the season.

Happy Weekend my friends.

Carla



16 comments:

  1. Wow, how wonderful is that!!! Flowers bring such joy!! More so in a pandemic!

    Have a great day and weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for reopening! I'm sure people appreciate it even more these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers are gorgeous and I wish I lived closer so I could grab a bunch. I miss picking them up that the grocery store. Besides homegrown are always better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so exciting! How I wish you were in my neighborhood. There's an old Nancy Thayer novel where the young woman in it has a flower and vegetable stand on Nantucket. The summer residents there pay $70 for a vase of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! I am so glad you are back selling happiness. It is something that the flowers take no heed, nor are affected by the Covid virus. They are flourishing just as beautifully as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you had a good start. Long may it continue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so pleased you are off to a good start, may it continue.
    Flowers are so beautiful.

    Wishing you a Happy Weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tulips are beautiful. Hope it's a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tulips looks spectacular. I'm sure people are starving for fresh tulips to brighten their house after a long winter.
    All the best.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would stop by if I could. You are so lovely Carla. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so excited the flower shack is open for the season. Yay!!! I wish I lived closer to drive by weekly to get a nice fresh cut bouquet. Happy Saturday Carla. I saw your son's group on the news here. I am not sure if it was exactly Sam but they did a story on how they are helping so much. I know you are so proud.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. GOOD FOR YOU. The blowers are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely way to begin the season, people can be so nice! I hope that it is a good one and that your flowers all find good homes.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely! I know people are going to love buying your fresh flowers! My mother-in-law has a booth at the local farmer's market and she had fresh cut lilacs and they were all gone in less than an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeay for the opening of the Flower Shack!! Your tulips are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!