About The River

Monday, September 28, 2020

Joy List Monday

 Joy List Monday


a weekly ritual

a reminder to stop and pay attention to the little beauties and graces

that make life magical and to set aside time for gratitude each day 

★ spending Sunday with my family.. touring apple orchards

our Sam has a girlfriend, Catie, I do enjoy spending time with her and I was so happy her work schedule allowed her to join us Sunday

☆ work continues on our BIG project.. I will show you photos soon

★ having one of our friends come help us with our BIG project 

and she brought lunch 

and iced coffee

☆ autumn has arrived in Wisconsin and is showing off as usual with beautiful colors, red maples, burgundy sumac, orange maples, yellow poplars, brown oaks

★ apple cider donuts.. one of my favorite treats when visiting the orchards 
 

13 comments:

  1. What a fun things to do. And a great picture. I can't wait to find out what this project is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catie's so cute! She fits right in with you guys. How fun to go apple picking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy I knew it would not be long before that handsome Same would find a girlfriend. Glad you could all spend the day together. Family is so important and helps to get through all the rough days we are having with Covid, unrest etc. Keeps our blessing close. Happy Tuesday have a wonderful week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great family photo. Sam is all grown up and soon your family will grow even more.
    I used to visit apple orchards to pick lots of apples but I haven't done it in years since the kids left home. My favorite treat is crispy dried apples. I can eat it like candy. I store them in glass jars to keep the freshness.

    Stay safe and well and enjoy the beautiful fall colors.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to spend time together as a family. It's been a long summer and we've sure had a challenge to be where we are today. Hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great family picture! We got to see our 7 and 5 year old granddaughters and their parents this weekend--the first time since Christmas. It was wonderful! I'll look forward to seeing your project pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carla, I keep having trouble leaving comments on your blog!

    Cute picture of y'all! I would love to see photos of Wisconsin fall leaves if you have the opportunity (once your project is done). I need some fall inspiration down here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great picture of you with your loved ones. Such a nice looking family. Hope the project is going smoothly. Blessings to all, xoxo,love, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you got to spend time with your family and yes curious to hear about your BIG project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great picture.
    Enjoy this last day of September and have a good October.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a perfect day! Great family pic :) I am waiting for autumn to arrive here, especially after reading about your day. Have a great week friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Having your sweet family together is always the most joyful thing, isn't it? You guys all look great...xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the photo. That's nice about Catie. Enjoy the colors and the donuts!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!