About The River

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Happy Strawberry Moon and it is the Hodgepodge!

 

Infused Strawberry Mint Water

 It is Strawberry season in Wisconsin.. Yum! And it is Wednesday, that means it is time for the Hodgepodge. Joyce asks the questions. We answer the questions. 

Click here to join the fun!

 


From this Side of the Pond


 1. What's something that reminds you of your grandmother? Tell us why. 

A candy jar. My grandma had a candy jar on her counter in the entry of her home. We always enjoyed a piece when we came in the door and took a few for the bike ride home. 

Instant coffee is another reminder. My grandma had a cup of instant coffee in the afternoons. I usually visited during the afternoons. I was blessed to have lived just a few miles down a country road from my grandma and grandpa. 

 
2. Is your life currently more 'moonlight and roses' or a little more 'every rose has it's thorn'? Elaborate.

My life is currently 'moonlight and roses' .. summer is in full swing in Wisconsin. We have enjoyed lovely evening walks, we already saw lighting bugs dancing in the farm fields, we are starting to enjoy fresh vegetables from the garden and we got to see our boys over the weekend.

3. June 23rd is National Pink Day...favorite thing you own in any shade of pink? My blog friend, Jenny the Pirate shared, Vaseline Lip Therapy ~ Rosy Lips , I recently started using it. It has become a favorite.  Favorite thing found in nature in any shade of pink? Wild roses  Your favorite pink food or beverage? Grapefruit  Your favorite shade of pink? Pink is my second favorite color.. I enjoy all the shades.

 4. Last thing that had you 'tickled pink'? 

We enjoyed a family gathering to celebrate Father's Day on Sunday. It 'tickled me pink' to see my family and my boys. 

 5. What are two or three words that describe your style. 

I asked my husband.. he answered.. homey, nature and simple.

 6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I will share a few of my favorite pink photos.

 





 

20 comments:

  1. I love ALL your pink photos! They are so varied and lovely! I do think that candy dishes seem to be from an earlier generation. And I don't know why!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pink kayak. I haven't seen one in that shade. Someone on the lake has a clear kayak which is kind of different. So glad you were able to spend time with your family. Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that pink arrangement of flowers, Carla! and your scenery shot. So peaceful and beautiful. I'm glad you got to see your boys, and glad that Sam is able to see friends close to where he's currently stationed - and in such a beautiful part of the state. I wouldn't mind living there. Fun grandma memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All good answers. I wasn't aware of the National Pink Day. Happy National Pink Day.
    I don't care for pink clothes but I love pink flowers. Your photos are worth a thousand words. I'm so glad that you got to spend Father's Day with your family.

    Take care,Hugs.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading your hodgepodge answers. How fun to have lived so close to your grandparents! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your husband described you perfectly. That's why you are so sweet and kind and lovable. I missed strawberry season here. I did get one carton and they were delicious. Strawberry season comes and goes so quick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the pink zinnias! Wonderful! Glad it has been Moonlight and Roses for you - and thanks for sparking a memory, I now recall the candy dishes that all our friends had, our grandparents, too. And often in offices...!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pink flowers!
    Hmm, good idea to ask your hubby what your style is. I should have asked mine.
    Yay for spending time with your family on Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe...I love this. It's so interesting to learn things about friends. That pink kayak caught my eye immediately. Isn't it just the best feeling ever of being happy when family is with us...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember my grandparents always had candy dishes with sweet hard candy. Love all your sweet photos. Happy Thursday Carla. Have a wonderful day. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a little leeeeery of this Full Moon. My blog header is alllll messsssed up. -sigh-

    -smile-

    What a lovely pic you show!

    I too, love pink!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your were blessed to live so close to your grandparents. Yes I remember candy dishes. My dad still had them out in his house. Glad you are experiencing moonlight and roses. Enjoyed reading your answers and the photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your strawberry mint water sounds refreshing Carla. It's pretty warm here lately and that would be nice. Always love your photos of color, and this time it's Pink! Such a happy color. I liked the answer to number 5 - those are three wonderful things to describe your style, my friend. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  14. ps.....your Grandma stories made me smile Carla. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Id say tickled pink. Although I have had a bunch of medical tests. The good news is that it is not depression or cancer. Im tickles pink to be pretty healthy with maybe an ulcer. I love this full moon and saw it rise last night after a long fishing day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do enjoy these posts! I love all things pink, too. Fun pics!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photo's! Where is the one of the pink sunset?
    I am going to have to look for the Rosy Lips. Sounds like a neat product.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely pics, Carla, and I'm so glad you like the Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips! I love it too. I've bought more little pots of it so that I can find it anywhere I happen to be in the house. It's the perfect texture! Pink is a truly magical color. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know that normally, I'm all about red, but lately pink has been tugging at my heartstrings. I've been buying pink flowers and wearing pink, I even bought a pink lipstick. Fun!! xo

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!