About The River

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Happy Waffle Wednesday and It is the Hodgepodge!

 


Hello Friends,

Happy Wednesday and it is time to do the Hodgepodge.

Joyce asks the questions.

We answer the questions.

Click here to join the fun! 

1. August 24th is National Waffle Day...what's something you've 'waffled' on recently? 

 What we are having for dinner. 

 2. Do you like waffles? Make your own or 'leggo my Eggo? Any favorite toppings or add-ins? Waffles or pancakes-which do you prefer? 

I love waffles. I am a lucky girl, my husband enjoys to make big breakfasts on the weekends. I just had homemade waffles last Sunday with strawberries and our very own maple syrup drizzled on top.

 3. Do you have any momentos from this summer (or past summers)? What do you do with them? 

I do. I have not purchased anything this summer as a momento, but I have picked up a few rocks, shells and sea glass. I have glass jars on display  for rocks, shells and sea glass. The jars are slowly filling up. 

4. One thing you'd like to do before summer ends? 

I have a favorite place to go kayaking. We have visited for the past two summers. I cannot wait to visit again this summer. We have nicknamed it the "Magical Place".

5. Life is too short to___________________________________.  

 let the weight of worry get you down. 

And there is a lot to be worried about lately. My daily motto is..

Be Strong

and Courageous 

 6. Insert your own random thought here. 

 Prayers for our military families who lost loved ones.

Remembering the 13!

Honoring the 13 fallen heroes in Afghanistan

We must never forget those who died so that we never make that mistake again.

 


 

12 comments:

  1. I love waffles too. Yum that your hubby makes you them on the weekends. Keeping Sam in my prayers. Have a good rest of the week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful photo. I have never seen a butterfly on the underside of a flower like this! Ever make a wafflewich?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such good answers! And that looks like a Monarch butterfly in your photo. I haven't seen one this summer. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love waffles and especially Belgian waffles, with deep crevices to fill with blueberries or raspberries and whipped cream. Yummy, and mine are homemade from a recipe given to me by my son in law. You are so lucky that your husband makes you waffles on the weekend.

    Prayers for your son Sam and courage and strength to you.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your answer to number five, dear friend. I've always loved that lego picture. I can just see your boys putting them together when they were young, or older. By son loved legos too.
    Thank you for reminding me not to worry about such things in life. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great thoughts...and now you have me hungry for waffles. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be strong and courageous is always a good reminder. And we make it a point not to forget, either. How nice to live with a breakfast king who makes waffles! Love the jar collection idea. Hope the rest of your week goes well and that kayaking happens soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love waffles too! Have fun on your kayak trip! Yes. lets remember all of our soldiers, both still serving and those who lost their lives to serve our country. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love waffles, too and I always enjoy your thoughts!! Thinking of you and Sam as September draws near. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great photo of the butterfly on the flower. You are lucky with those big breakfasts on the weekend. The jars you are filling up sounds nice. Enjoy your kayaking. I love your motto. Amen to your random thought. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!