About The River

Friday, March 17, 2023

This and That

 Hello Friends,

A little of this and that today.

 

We recently visited my sister and her husband. My sister knows I love to visit thrift shops. We stopped at Pancakes in Heaven Thrift in Eagle River, Wisconsin.  I found a few treasures.

A little pheasant to sit under my homemade pine trees that our friend Charles made. 


 


 

I also found a ruffed grouse. 

 


 

I love blue. I found this blue candle holder.

 


 

 The T-shirt quilt is coming along. I will start to put it together.

 


 

 I decorated for Easter. One of my treasured decorations are these eggs. My friend Judy had our family over to her home, her daughter Lori's family and we dyed eggs using onion skins and nylon stockings. Our boys were young, I actually do not remember the year we did this together. I still have the eggs and I smile each year bringing them out for Easter, reminiscing our young family days.

 


 

 My friend Deb likes to share funnies with me. How many times has this happened to you?

Last week I went to have my haircut, while trimming my bangs a Bon Jovi song came on the radio and the salon broke out into song. Ha! And the next morning, I still had Livin' on a Prayer stuck in my head. 

 

Carla

16 comments:

  1. I love that song "Living On a Prayer", now I may hum it all day. The bird cartoon is cute, and nice you saved those eggs to use each Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get songs stuck in my head all the time. I've got a Ray Charles song today! Love the chirp funny. Can't wait for you to read my post today and look at the magazine article (at the end of the post) we are featured in. It's been fun and uplifting to me! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is coming along nicely. I can't wait until you have your quilt finished. It's a lot of work.
    I'm glad that you found sone little treasure at the thrift store. I haven't been to a thrift store in a long time. My husband keeps bringing stuff in while I'm trying to get rid of stuff. I think he's winning. lol... I know what you mean, once you hear a catchy tune, it's hard to get it out of your mind. Only 3 days to spring. (:~) 🌷🌷🌷

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Grouse & Pheasant go so well with the trees. I would like to see the trees better too. A T-shirt quilt, I have never heard of such a thing. So cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol yep I get songs stuck in my head all the time. Glad you are starting to get out your Easter decor. Have a great st. Patricks day and good weekend. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds! Loving your t short quilt. Please share once completed. Spring is almost here. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. You found some nice things at the thrift store, Carla. I actually went to the thrift store today, but didn't buy anything. It's always fun browsing though. Those eggs are very cool. What are they made out of? Your t-shirt quilt project is wonderful, Carla. And I love that blue candle holder. It's the perfect shade of blue.

    Happy St. Patrick's Day, sweet friend.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those colored eggs are a treasure!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you found. The pheasant and grouse are so cute. The candle holder is nice too. What a great color. I'm love the quilt and the eggs are awesome. Love the joke and that happens to me often with songs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You found some very nice things at the thrift store.

    Like you ...I've now got 'Livin' on a Prayer' going around my mind :)

    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. What neat eggs!
    So funny on the Livin on a Prayer getting stuck in your head!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of interesting things in this post. It is always great to find neat little things at thrift shops. LOVE the eggs and how sweet of a memory that you have making them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You found some special items! Happy spring and happy almost Easter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great find, Carla! Love the tiny birds...and yes, those songs are often hard to shake!! So funny, now that Bon Jovi one is in my head!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well it's hard not to sing along with that one! I love the pheasant and grouse. I have a lot of birds in my decor and hubs loves to pheasant hunt. I also read your gardening article. I guess we have the opposite issue here in that our summer heat is so intense it's hard to keep things alive.We have a lot of natural landscaping because trees are easier than flowers. I do more flowers in pots because they can be moved around out of the sun. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!