About The River

Wednesday, March 6, 2024

It is a Carla Hodgepodge

 

Happy March and today is Wednesday, time for the Hodgepodge.

Joyce asks the questions.

We answer the questions.

Click here to join the fun! 

1. Has March come in like a lion where you live?Living in Wisconsin the weather can change in the hour. It is rather difficult to say. I can say this, on Sunday we enjoyed 65 degrees and sunshine. On Monday we had a snowstorm and over an inch of snow floated down in the form of huge flakes. If not a lion then what animal would you use to describe the weather in your area this first week of March? Turtle... sunshine days peeking out of his shell... winter days going back into his shell. Does the weather affect your emotions?I like sunshine days. If we have days and days of cloudy weather I might get grumpy.  When did you last feel 'under the weather'? Thankfully we have been healthy this season.

 2. Do you know what your name means?Free Woman Does the meaning of your name fit with your personality? Yes, I enjoy my freedom.  Do you like your name? Yes! If you have children did you consider the meaning of their names before choosing them? No, we did not. We chose names that meant something to us as a couple.

3. It's National Sauce Month...what's your favorite sauce? Roasted Tomato Sauce Last thing you ate that used a sauce? Eggplant Parmesan ... note we froze eggplant this season to make Eggplant Parmesan during the winter, it worked out fantastic. I was worried it would be soggy, but it is not, just about perfect as fresh from the garden.

4. Something you've seen, tasted, done lately that you'd describe as 'awesome sauce'?


 

  We went on an adventure to Lake Superior and stopped at two waterfall along the way.

 

5. What kinds of things do you love to collect? 

Plants

Heart shaped rocks

Sea glass

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

Meaning:Free man
Carla is a feminine name of German and Italian origins. This name derives from the male "Carl," of the German "Charles," meaning "free man." Borrowing etymology from a male-given name has always been the norm among romantic languages though. In old Latin and Italian, female names typically emerged from classic male titles, using an added "a" to soften the sound. This linguistic phenomenon makes Carla pleasing to the ear, much like the countless other feminine names we know and love today. Free-thinking baby Carla borrowed an exciting definition and will no doubt use it to make the world her own.

 

18 comments:

  1. Love all your answers Carla. Happy Wednesday. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little Irish man. Eggplant parmesan is absolutely my favorite food. When we go to Italian restaurants, I don't even have to look at the menu. It is a go to for me!! My grandfather grew fields and fields of eggplants, and my mom always cooked a lot of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So interesting about your name! I love this photo. Try as I might, I have never found any heart shaped rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love name meanings, I sometimes look them up...like horoscopes. They're general enough to fit some of the people all of the time! Haha. My kids always laugh because in some books it says my name means ruler or chief and they say that's right, mom is the chief around here. 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are loads of waterfalls where we live (within an easy drive) and we love hiking to them. None are frozen though! Eggplant parm is one of my favorites. Interesting to know it freezes well. We don't grow it but my daughter's in-laws do and always give me too much to eat. May I ask what you did to it before freezing? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have collected a few heart shaped rocks. That is a cute picture of you on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little adventure did sound 'awesome socks'. How nice to get out and about. Nice meaning of your name. We all enjoy our freedom! Happy March to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's very cool about your name and it suits you perfectly! Good to know about freezing eggplant. I love eggplant parm! Roasted tomato sauce sounds delish too! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to find sea glass but there's no good beaches for it around here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eggplant parmesan: YUM! I love finding waterfalls!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would never have guessed eggplant would freeze so well! Like Jiyce, I was wondering what you did to it before freezing.

    We have many waterfalls here in New Hampshire as well. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like sunshine days too! I like the meaning of your name. The waterfalls sound nice. I love your random thought.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the meaning of your name, Carla. And I loved hearing about the weather you've been having. Roasted tomato sauce with eggplant parmesan sounds delicious. That's wonderful that you freeze some of the eggplant to use for meals when you need it. I love heart shaped rocks too! That St. Patrick's Day cookie is so cute and looks Yummy!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved reading about your name. How I got mine was my dad wanted Janet and my mom Jane. They compromised and went with I like your turtle animal. Just perfect for your weather at that time. Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how funny - I compared the weather to a turtle as well! Enjoyed your answers today, and learning about your name! Hope you have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for being healthy!!! Ohh. I love eggplant parmesan. I have a friend who collects heart shaped rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely picture of you both.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the turtle comparison. So appropriate! Cliff had snowflakes on this car this morning!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!