About The River

Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Dreaming of Sailing and it is the Hodgepodge

 

Hello Friends!! 

It is Wednesday, that means it is time for the Hodgepodge.

Joyce asks the questions.

We answer the questions.

Click here to join the fun! 

 

 1. I saw a meme on Instagram that went like this-'The movie Dirty Dancing came out in 1987 and was set in 1963, so if remade in 2026 it would be set in 2002. Now I need a little lie down in a dark room for a while." 

Time is crazy isn't it? So...what were you up to in the year 2002? 

 

 I was a busy mom, with a two year old and a new born baby.

 

 2. "Me? I'm scared of everything..." What's something that scares you that you'd like to try anyway? 

 

I would like to learn how to sail. 

Never fear Carla you can do it ....

 

 ▲ learn how to read the wind

 ▲ steer the boat

 ▲ setting the sails

▲ basic navigation

 ▲ how to tie knots

 


 

 

3. Watermelon-yay or nay? Which melon is your favorite-watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew. Of the watermelon food/beverages listed which would you say yes to...

watermelon salsa~watermelon feta salad~watermelon sorbet~
a watermelon Jolly Rancher~a watermelon margarita 

 Yay for watermelon.

Cantaloupe is my favorite.

Watermelon salsa.

 4. August 12th is National Middle Child Day. Are you a middle child? If not, where do you fall in the birth order in your family of origin? Do you think this has influenced your personality? Elaborate. 

I am not a middle child.

I am the oldest.

Yes, I think so, according to the Birth Order Theory, the first born may have a deep sense of responsibility. And I definitely have a deep sense of responsibility. 

  5. Would you rather talk to everyone at a crowded party for a short time, or have a significant conversation with two people? Explain. 

I would enjoy a significant conversation with two people. 

I am not really into small talk. I like to learn about people, so I would want to spend time doing just that by having a significant conversation.

  6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Happy Late Summer!! 


 

1 comment:

  1. Always enjoy your flower pictures! We definitely have kids of similar ages! I had a one year old and a newborn in 2002 :). I have found when I have to make small talk with others that the key is to ask the other person a lot of questions. People like to talk about themselves; when I ask them questions, I get to learn about them (surface level if it's at a party but still) and I don't have to talk a lot. It's a win-win!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!