The garden is full of late summer color.
Peppers and tomato are ripening.
And now for the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. How do you feel about the transition from lazy summer days to a busier fall routine?
It is the opposite for me. My summer is far from lazy because of my work in the garden and my flowers. Once the evenings start to creep in earlier and the north wind starts to bring cold autumn air my cozy time will start.
2. Your favorite cookie?
Chocolate chip!!
3. What's something you've learned from a culture different than your own?
2006 I went on a missions trip to Ukraine. I learned many things while I was there. I worked at an orphanage. One of the things that stood out to me was the pride, the pride these street kids had for Ukraine. We had a big party on our last evening at the orphanage. We did face painting. They all wanted the Ukraine flag painted on them. I ran out of blue and yellow face paint.
What I learned from a culture different than my own, pride for Ukraine starts at a very young age and runs deep.
4. Food critic, film critic, book critic, art critic...which hat would you most like to wear? Tell us why.
Food critic ... I love to try new recipes.
Recipes using new to me herbs, spices and more.
YUM!
5. What's a small, random thing from your childhood that you still remember clearly?
Our grandpa and grandma had a candy jar right by the door. We could take as much candy as we wanted.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
She was found on the street. She was full of lice, dirty and hungry.
We poured out as much love as we could in the time we worked at the orphanage the summer of 2006.
Every now and then I wonder how these children are doing today.



.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment
High Fives from Wisconsin!