Episode #31 of our Day Date's was to Brunet State Park. We enjoyed a beautiful bottle up summers day. Brunet State Park is one of our favorites.
Ernie enjoyed the hike too.
We enjoyed low humidity, a gentle summer breeze and no bugs. Making a great day to hike in the woods. We saw three fawns and their momma. An Osprey caught a fish along the river and we witnessed it!
I could never in a hundred summers get tired of this.
I seek quiet joys.
John Clare
We enjoyed our day out. On the way home we stopped in at a farmers market. We picked up some fresh blueberries, a gift for a friend and a big tomato.





Thank you for sharing the photos - what a gorgeous park!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun outing! How cool to see that Osprey catch its meal. We once saw a bald eagle do the same. You have some wonderful parks in your neck of the woods. Janice
ReplyDeleteLooks so pretty! Where were the bugs?? It's awesome they were there. My daughter was at a nearby lake over the weekend. She was going to jet ski and she said there were so many swarms of bugs that she didn't even want to go out on the water. Your weather sounds perfect and how nice to see wildlife.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like the perfect day weather wise and no bugs, what a bonus! It looks like a beautiful place to explore!
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful place and it truly looks so very peaceful. A fun get-away that was filled with love..
ReplyDeleteCarla what a great day date. The park is absolutely beautiful. It just resets the peace inside us!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had this perfect day. Little Ernie looks like he had a great place with lots of good sniffs. Happy New Week. Hugs. Kris
NO BUGS Carla???? Hahhaha how did you manage that???? Just kidding ... low humidity is certainly a gift and along with a summer breeze, just wow. Looks like an idyllic day although I am no stripe of a hiker any more than I am a gardener, hahaha! Love to you and Jeremy and especially ERNIE!!!!! xoxoxoxo 🏴☠️
ReplyDeleteI don't think there's a better day date than spending time in nature together. That little bridge is delightful. It looks so pretty and peaceful here, Carla. And what a surprise to see the three fawn with their mama along the way. I like the pictures of you and Jeremy. They are special pics to remember the day. I wish you blessed August days, my dear friend.
ReplyDeleteThese are such good photos of the two of you! The park is so lovely, especially your bridge photo.
ReplyDeleteA trifecta! Perfect weather, low humidity and no bugs? That's fantastic, I hope your big tomato was summer perfect.
ReplyDeleteOh, how wonderful! And it looks like it was a beautiful day. You can't go wrong with fresh blueberries and tomatoes!
ReplyDeleteHi Carla, what lovely photos of your hike! And I am so glad you both enjoyed your walk with low humidity! It's a beautiful place to enjoy and explore.
ReplyDeleteOh so beautiful was your getaway to the State Park, Carla. I’m with you in seeking quiet joys…what a lovely quote. When we were in Colorado, my daughter and I saw two deer outside the home and then at the lake, while on the kayak, I saw a deer go into the woods. Thank you for sharing your recent date with us. xo
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful park and another lovely date. I love your market purchase too...a big tomato!! I bet it was delicious.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful place and it turned out to be perfect for you!
ReplyDeleteOh what a fun summer day date with your sweetie! And how was that tomato? 😊
ReplyDeleteHappy August!
Low humidity, cool breeze and no bugs!! What more could you possibly ask for??
ReplyDeleteLooks like a nice way to spend the day. Especially envious of your low humidity and mosquitoes.. we currently have a lot of both.
ReplyDeleteSeems like a perfect day! I would love to hike like that. The last time I did a hike like that was when we were in Mammoth and Lake Tahoe. I bet it was exciting to see nature in action when the bird got the fish. We saw that on tv. We saw and eagle get the fish from the osprey.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great day!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lovely place to visit. Glad you had a good day.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful place, and perfect weather too.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures.
Looks a lovely place.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Sounds like the perfect summer date!
ReplyDelete