Finding white sweet corn at the farmers market. We usually only find the bi color sweet corn. Another favorite is all yellow sweet corn. Do you have a favorite sweet corn?
|
Speaking of sweet corn.. how do you like to eat yours? Butter and salt?
|
![]() |
We met our boys for fish fry at a place along the Chippewa River. We had to wait for our table, we enjoyed the setting sun and river as we waited.
|



How wonderful to have such fresh salads, Carla, just for the picking from your backyard. Your centerpiece looked so pretty even if it had a BBQ smell; it added to the ambience! I like my corn with butter and salt, just like you do. How nice to meet up with your boys for a fish fry. Have a joyful week!
ReplyDeleteP. S. I enjoyed reading about your success with the cotton seed!
Silver Queen white is my favorite and it's a rare find here in SC. We had so much of it in NJ and MD, but mostly get the bi or yellow here. One of our neighbors brings some back from NJ and said she'd bring us some to freeze their next trip there. I'm going to miss fresh tomatoes when the season ends. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteHow fun to go to a fish fry along the river. I love white sweet corn. My fave and hard to find down here from the farmers markets. Everything tastes so much better when picked from your own garden. Happy New Week. Hugs. Kris
ReplyDeleteThat sweetcorn looks good, I didn't realise there was different sweetcorn, I think I have only eaten the yellow one. lol The candles look so pretty and the flowers too.
ReplyDeleteWe like Peaches and Cream corn (bi-color). Oops on the candles being to close. Glad you smelled it in time. Fish fry sounds wonderful and especially by a river. Janice
ReplyDeleteMmmm, we had corn last night as well. They all seem to be ready at once, I like all kinds but probably the yellow is my favorite. Butter and salt is delicious, but I've also been sauteeing with onions, garlic, black beans and poblano pepper add the corn at the last minute. Your outdoor dinner sounds fabulous.
ReplyDeleteYour salad looks so delicious and healthy. The white sweet corn is the best, and I have it with butter and salt. Your flowers and candles look lovely on your table, Carla. It gives it a nice cozy feel for your table. And it was nice to meet your sons for a fish fry along the river. I love your post today. "This and That" posts are actually my favorite. ; )
ReplyDeleteYour salad looks yummy and safe! I didn’t know there were so many types of corn. Butter and salt is all I need. At least it was just the flowers that burned! No ce that you could meet up with your sons!
ReplyDeleteThose beers look refreshing. Your summer salads sound delicious. I prefer white sweet corn. I do love butter and salt on mine. Been there, done that with candles and flowers! My husband is always moving my candles!
ReplyDeleteAhhh, the sweet smell of burnt flowers, ha ha!! Sounds like you are like me with the freak accidents!
ReplyDeleteI love corn! We picked some up at the farmer's market this weekend for a big family bbq and when I shucked one of them a giant caterpillar popped out!! He was huge, as big as my pinky! So I would say I like to eat my corn without caterpillars!! Haha!! Sorry your flowers burned...they're so pretty!!
ReplyDeleteYes, that is nice that you can pick you salad from the garden and it's a healthy meal. I don't have a favorite corn per say, but I have never seen white corn. I like mine with butter. Sorry about the candles hitting the flowers. Glad you caught it. How awesome that you met the boys for dinner. Hope your week goes well.
ReplyDeleteI love corn on the cob! And your photos are beautiful and heartwarming!
ReplyDeleteYour salad looks so good! Yes, it's wonderful to be able to create a salad from your own produce! I like sweet corn. As a child, I ate corn on the cob with butter and salt. Now, I generally do no add anything to my ear of corn. Good thing you smelled the burning before you had a fire :). The candles sure are pretty with the flowers!
ReplyDeleteYour salads look so yummy...nothing better than homegrown! Love a pretty table with flowers. Glad you stayed close by!
ReplyDeleteYum as long as my corn is fresh and sweet I'm good. IOccasionally roasted in the husks but really??? I like it best the way my mom made it. Boiled with butter and salt.
ReplyDelete