About The River

Thursday, September 3, 2026

Wisconsin Cotton Year Two

 

 My friend L gifted me cotton seed last year. I wrote a post about it 2025 Cotton in case you want to read the birth of Wisconsin cotton. 

Well that cotton grew, but did not form its pods until late in the year. I brought the plant inside for the winter. Two cotton bolls were harvested. 

The plant wintered well, so this spring I potted on the plant into a larger pot.

Thanks to our hot and humid summer. I am going to have a bumper crop of Wisconsin cotton this year. 


 

Cotton flowers... as the flower matured it changed color.

 

 

Cotton pods are forming. 

 


 

More cotton pods.

 


 

Before the pod, came the flower. The flower started out yellow/white. 

 

 


 

Year two of the cotton plant.

 


The below photos are from the start of the cotton plant in 2025. 

 

 

 

1 comment:

High Fives from Wisconsin!