Hello, welcome to the Hodgepodge!
|My son Atticus, learning how to bird hunt with his daddy.|
Happy Father's Day
Joyce asks us the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. June is National Great Outdoors Month. Have you spent any time appreciating the great outdoors this month? If so where, and if not do you have any plans to enjoy the great outdoors before the calendar turns?
Yes, we enjoyed a hike Tuesday, June 16th. We hiked 6 miles on the Tuscobia State Trail. We enjoyed a lovely day with temperatures in the 70's and no humidity.
Sunday we plan to celebrate Father's Day biking on a local bike trail.
2. What's a current hot button issue for you?
People who think the food they purchase at the grocery store just is made right at the grocery store. I know that may sound strange. Sadly it is true. So many people have no idea what goes into feeding this world.
Lack of water in California is a HUGE issue. This week farmers have been asked to reduce the amount of water they use AGAIN.
Living in the Northland of Wisconsin, I sure do appreciate all the California farmers who are working hard so I can enjoy fresh celery in January!
The water issue has been something California has struggled with for years. I pray as people are educated about where and how our food ends up at the store, we can find ways to help solve some of the farmers struggles.
3. What's a food or treat that 'disappears like hotcakes' in your house?
Fruit! My boys love fruit.
My husband will put his name on a few apples in the fruit bowl. If he does not, by the time he comes home from work, they will be gone. Our boys love fruit, I can not complain about that.
4. How hot is too hot?
I do not mind heat. I can not stand heat and humidity. 80 degrees in Wisconsin with 85% humidity....HELP!
5. Do you have an artistic outlook on life? What does that mean to you?
I notice beauty or I will find beauty in something that may not seem beautiful.
So, I think I do.
6. What's one question you'd like to ask your father, or one you wish you could ask your father?
My dad's father passed away in an accident when he was 15 years old. I have always wanted to know more about my dad's dad, my grandpa, but it is not an easy subject to bring up with my dad.
7. Something you learned from your father?
My husband calls this "You can be so stubborn, why don't you ask me for help?!?"
8. Insert your own random thought here.
"Too many people try to fake their way through life. That is why the real ones shine so brightly...."
Rules of the Road