My favorite month of the year!
December is my birthday month! Christmas! And the start of Winter.
Now before you toss a snowball at me for that last comment, let us start the Hodgepodge.
Join Joyce and the rest of us for all the fun!
1. Did you watch The Charlie Brown Christmas special Monday night? Who's your favorite Peanuts character and why?
Would you agree?
Yes, we did watch The Charlie Brown Christmas special.
My favorite Peanuts character is Linus. He makes me smile. My boys have blankets...at age 15 and 13 they still have blankets. I do wonder, will we be making sport coats out of them?
I will agree with Linus. I am a gardener, and I always seem to find peace when I am gardening.
2. Describe a sound from your childhood. What does this sound bring to mind?
Old Time Country Music. My parents played cards with my grandparents every Sunday afternoon and they would listen to the Country Count Down. My sister and I would play with all the fun toys our grandma had for us.
3. You've won a trip to a winter wonderland...would that excite you? Which one of the following would you most want to experience (or which one would you dislike the least)-see the Aurora Borealis in Norway, stay in Sweden's Ice Hotel, go dogsledding in Lapland Finland, take a winter wildlife safari in Yellowstone or celebrate Winter Carnival in Quebec?
The Winter Carnival in Quebec would be my first choice. Yes, winning a winter wonderland trip would be so much fun for me. Winter is my favorite season! I love to xc ski! I am still waiting on some more snow to head out for the 2015/2016 season.
4. Who or what keeps you humble?
Proverbs is my favorite book of the Bible. The book of Proverbs helps me stay humble.
5. What part of preparing for Christmas do you like the most? Explain.
I love decorating! I enjoy putting up our Christmas tree and looking at all our ornaments. Many of our ornaments are homemade or given to us by loved ones. They all have special stories or memories attached to them.
6. Gingerbread-yay or nay? Is making a gingerbread house part of your family holiday tradition?
Nay-no we never have gotten into making gingerbread homes. My husbands mom use to make lovely ones.
7. What's one thing you want to start, do, or complete before the calendar rolls into a new year?
We had four trees die this summer. We have one more to cut down. I would love to see this project out of the way!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My boys are getting so excited for the Star Wars movie!
How about your family?