About The River

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Super Moon

I did not know anything about the Super Moon until this morning at church. Our pastor mentioned it. I wish I would have been home on my parents farm. I watch the moon every night come up over the field. It is always different. In the winter, a full moon brings cross country skiing at night. In the spring, a full moon brings sitting out on the deck listening to the frogs sing. In the summer, the full moon reaches above the growing corn field and we try to catch lighting bugs. In the fall, again the corn may still be in the field. The chill in the air and sound of falling leaves brings us to telling stories.
If you get a chance, check out some of the photos posted on line of the super moon. They are amazing.
I am going to peek tonight. I think the moon is super all the time. It is a favorite of mine.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you - I think the moon is super all the time, especially when it's not hidden by clouds. :-)

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!