About The River

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Cupcake Decorating

Hello,
This past week I made some fun cupcakes. My husband wanted chocolate with peanut butter frosting. My youngest son wanted yellow cake with chocolate frosting and I wanted chocolate with peppermint frosting. I will be sharing the recipes for the cupcakes next week. 

Today, I wanted to show you a simple way to decorate cupcakes, cake or even a cheese tray.

 I used my paper punches. 
A square and a snowflake.

Punch out your shapes and tape on a toothpick.
 

 I used a dark blue glitter paper for my squares and a silver glitter paper for my snowflakes.


Just place your toothpicks into your cupcakes.

If you are planning to have a party for the super bowl this weekend. This idea can work using your team colors.

I have also used this idea to label cheese and meat,  for a cheese and meat tray.

Fun, Easy and Festive!
 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my....they look mouth watering and your way of labeling them is really attractive. I could use your idea for potlucks at church too. Sometimes I wish I could let people know my dish is gluten free etc. Thanks Carla =)

    And I posted a link for the cranberry cake this morning. I hope you try it....it is soooo good. I've got to go get warmed up...this room is chilly and computers put me in a timeless mode...grin. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so cute! I would never think to do something like this. Thanks for the great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cupcakes look delicious. What kind are they?

    The toppers are adorable, I am sure they would make my store bought cupcakes super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever! I love that you take the time for these details :)

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!