About The River

Monday, January 20, 2014

Ernie and the Hairdryer

Once upon a time, my 13 year old son Sam, loved Ernie. He had an Ernie doll like the one in the above photo. He had him sit with him when we read or played a game. Ernie joined us for breakfast, lunch, snack time and supper. Ernie was always tucked in next to Sam at bed time.

One morning while I was drying my hair, Sam asked if I could dry Ernie's hair too. Sam held Ernie up for me to dry his hair. All was going well for about 5 seconds, when all of a sudden Ernie's hair started on fire!
Ernie was quickly tossed into the bathtub. I turned on the faucet and quickly rescued Ernie from any other damage. I dried him and gave him back to Sam.
Sam was happy to get Ernie back, even though Ernie did not look the same.
That evening, I took Ernie from Sam once he was asleep and fixed him up the best I could.

Ernie never looked the same. I just was not able to get his hair right!! 
 And Sam never asked for Ernie's  hair to be dried again.

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

  1. What a funny story! At least you tried to fix him up haha. Sam wised up and never asked for Ernie's hair to be dried again - smart kid! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sad in a way that Ernie lost his hair, but quick thinking on your part to stick him in the water. It could have been worse. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a good mom...with an equally good memory to match. I hope that story is written down in a baby book somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a story! Maybe nylon hair?
    It just proves that real love sees beyond the superficial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. Carla...that is hilarious. I am so glad that I stopped over today. I needed to read this. You put a huge smile on my face. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh!!! What a way to start your day :) At least Ernie survived!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!