About The River

Friday, January 24, 2014

Saying Goodbye

Hello Friends,
Thank you for your prayers and support the past few weeks.
My grandma passed away on Wednesday, January 22, 2014.
No more pain, we are so thankful for that. Her internal organs were not working correctly and she was in a lot of pain. Our family is thankful for the medical staff at the hospital and at hospice, the Dove House. I am thankful for the last visits I was able to share with her. She still had her humor and always said "I Love You". ♥

The photo above is my grandpa and my grandma, Sam and Vida.
I love the curls in their hair.
My grandma had a very unique eye color, hazel. Several of the nurses would tell her what beautiful eyes she had.

The hardest part for me was helping clean out her apartment last week.
So many memories. 
I was best friends with my grandpa. Our oldest son, Sam, is named after him. 
It has been hard, because it is like my grandpa died all over again too.

Thank you again for the prayers and support!
xx oo
Carla
 ♥

7 comments:

  1. Carla, I am so very sorry. Nothing is worse than losing someone you love. Your grandparents look so happy and in love in that photo so it is one to treasure for sure. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your gramma. Will say a prayer. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandparents look like they belong in a motion picture in the above photo. Classy people! You come from good stock, Carla. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Carla, I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you had a really special relationship with your grandparents, especially if you named your son after your Grandpa. I hope you can find some peace and comfort in the memories you shared with them.

    And, at least you have pictures, like the one you shared. They look happy and in love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, I am so very sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. I know from losing my own Grandma a few years back that it's a sad time. I think when the dusk settles you will begin to realize that death doesn't really end our love and our connections with those that have passed. I believe that your Grandma lives on in you now.. through your memories and in the million little ways she influenced you.
    Your grandparents look so sweet together and I hope you find comfort imagining them together again. I'm sending you all my positive thoughts and prayers,
    xo
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!