About The River

Friday, March 13, 2015

A Spring Time Craft ~ A Bird Nest

What do you need?
newspaper, glue, water,  a bowl for glue and water (a work bowl), a cereal bowl for molding the nest, cling wrap and shredded paper.
Lay newspaper down around your work area. Lay a flat sheet of cling wrap on the newspaper. This way the craft will not stick to the paper. Put cling wrap around the bottom of cereal bowl and set upside down on the flat cling wrap.
Make a mixture 1/2 water and 1/2 glue in your work bowl
start to put the shredded paper into the work bowl, coat the paper with the glue mixture - set the paper on - around the bowl. DO NOT PRESS
Once you have placed the shredded paper on the bowl, let it sit to dry for 3 days. After 3 days slowly peel the cling wrap from the bowl and nest.

Decorate the inside of the nest with grass, eggs and candy.

What fun preparations are you doing for Easter?

10 comments:

  1. What a great idea!
    Thank you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done any yet! This is such a fun craft!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like others have said, cute idea.
    I have a few ceramic bunnies out. That's it so far...
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a neat idea.. You come up with the nicest and easiest crafts.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT a CUTE idea, Carla. It is just darling. The girls would love making these! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! If I were a bird I would be very happy to live here, Carla.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful and simple craft that I am going to do with my toddler. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable and clever! What am I doing for Easter?? Yikes... Thanks for making me realize I better get to thinking about that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute, this will definetely be our next project! Thanks for the idea my friend :)

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!