About The River

Monday, March 16, 2015

A Mystery...Part 1

The world of blogging has so many rewards. I think the extra special part of blogging for me is meeting so many wonderful people. I have met two blog friends in the 3-D world. A true treat to meet the people you share and learn so much from reading the special posts they create.

 I hope to meet this next blogger this summer.


She lives in Wisconsin. She lives in Southwest Wisconsin. She likes to garden. She sent me a surprise package this past Autumn. And inside was a mystery!
She also sent me some of her very own Hollyhock seeds.
I am so excited to plant the seeds this Spring.

And now on to the mystery.


 She sent seed pods that were green and had pointers on them. We had to dry them.
This was the fun part. Each day the boys would go and peek at the seed pods. One day the seed pods exploded! It was so fun.


 The green pod was soft.
The little seeds are peeking out.

So do you know what this mystery plant is?

The big reveal will be posted soon. A Mystery ... Part 2.

14 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I know what your mystery plant is. Technically a weed, isn't it? But it's so beautiful and the flowers are fragrant. If I'm on the right track...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun for you and the boys! I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea, but I love a good mystery and good friends....so this story is twice as nice! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cool! I have no idea what it is. I hope you document your visit with your bloggie friend for us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what the mystery plant is but I hope you'll tell us.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that I have seen that before. Just not coming to mind right now. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your "mystery plant" is considered a weed by some...but a good one because it draws butterflies? Maybe I am wrong....lol
    So glad you have met bloggers and really enjoyed getting to know them. Kris from Big Rigs sounds like a doll. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blogging friends are the best!!! Can't wait to see part two of the mystery seeds...:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a prickly pear...hahaha! I really have no idea. At first it looked a little like a sweet gum ball. It will be fun to learn more about it and if you really want to plant the seeds. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was thinking chestnut until I saw the seeds...hmmmm great mystery.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun! No idea but we have seen something like this in the woods but usually a nut is on the inside.....hmmmmmn.......

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are sooo amazing! I am stuck at home, on my second sick day. I was finally feeling up to reading, and I find this post! What a bright spot in my day!!! I am so looking forward to meeting you! And to seeing how the seeds do for you!! Thank you for being my ray of sunshine today xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a good mystery and good friends. I'm with you there. About the seeds I have no idea :-(
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun way to acquire seeds. Love that the pods "exploded".

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!