About The River

Monday, December 18, 2017

Merry Christmas and How to Catch a Reindeer

Merry Christmas
I will be taking a blog break for Christmas.

I wish all of you a blessed Christmas. 
Enjoy time with family, friends and may you feel the blessings of Christmas.

Before I go, I will give you a recipe to help you catch one of Santa's very own reindeer.

Will it be Donner?
or 
Dasher?
or 
Comet?
Be sure to let me know!

 
 Reindeer Bait


Ingredients

  • 3 c. corn chex
  • 2 c. wheat chex
  • 2 c. mini pretzels
  • 2 c. mini marshmallows
  • 1 c. red and green M&Ms
  • 20 oz. white chocolate
  • Red and green sprinkles, for garnish

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, mix together Corn Chex, Wheat Chex, pretzels, mini marshmallows, and M&Ms.
  2. Melt white chocolate and pour over mixture. Stir until fully coated.
  3. Transfer mixture to a parchment-lined baking sheet or dish and top with sprinkles, then refrigerate until firm, 1 hour.
  4. Break up into bite-size pieces and serve.


I do find having the M&M's in the mix makes it too sweet. My boys think it is great. I will make it again next Christmas and I plan to skip the M&M's. (don't tell the boys)

Merry

Christmas

 ♥

Carla

 

 

19 comments:

  1. That looks delicious, Carla. Have a wonderful week and a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum making this today. Thanks for the recipe. Looks so yummy. Have a great week as we head on down to the big day. Enjoy. Merry Christmas sweet friend.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it! I am buying the stuff today, and will make it Christmas eve! Thanks for the gift of this recipe!! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Carla, have a fabulous break with your family. Look forward to seeing what you have planned for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you could catch me with that good stuff too! Enjoy your break and your holiday! I need to do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reindeer bait is the perfect snack for watching the Hallmark CHannel's Countdown to Christmas. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us. I'm pinning it!

    I hope you and your family have a blessed Christmas! See you in the new year!

    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. God bless you and your family, Carla, as you take your Christmas Break. Love to you and Merry Christmas- xo Diana

    Love that recipe...yum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a blessed Christmas Carla, this reindeer recipe sure sounds delicious, full of lots of yummy crunchy things! Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving that recipe! Enjoy your break and I wish you and yours a wonderfully festive time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very useful. I've always wanted a reindeer of my own.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the recipe! I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!!

    blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a ver Merry Christmas Carla. I wish you all good health, love, peace and joy for the new year.
    God Bless. Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas! Yum, that treat looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so yummy and fun! Wishing you and your sweet family a VERY Merry Christmas! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good stuff! I've been eating so many goodies before Christmas, I'm going to have to watch myself for the next couple of weeks! Merry Christmas, Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Merry Christmas to you and your family Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rudolph...I hope! And if I get Clarice, too, that's a bonus! Merry Christmas to you and your brood!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merry Christmas Wishes to you and yours ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!