About The River

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Home Built Greenhouse

The other day I shared,  A Greenhouse in the Woods, today I will share a greenhouse design my friend Charles designed and built himself.

 Charles designed and built his greenhouse himself. When I walked in to it the first time, I just loved that nursery smell, plants growing, you can not beat that!
It is a fantastic greenhouse and works so well.
We will take a peek inside.

 Yum, yum lettuce. 
Charles was running out of room for all his started plants. He was using every inch of space.


Some more plants growing inside the greenhouse. The photos are taken on May 6th, 2018! 

I think I can say in all truth, "Charles has a green thumb!"

13 comments:

  1. Charles does have a green thumb for sure. What a great greenhouse. Have a great day Carla.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, I love that greenhouse. What wonderful plants too. Charles is really a great gardener. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful that he designed and built it himself. He really does have a green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charles certainly does have a green thumb and I really like his greenhouse, clever chap xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your friend Charles is really doing great with that greenhouse. I miss my greenhouse. We had to take it down to put in a deep well. My husband was going to put it up again but he never did. The frames are still stored on an old hay wagon at the farm. Hr had one build off the kitchen and it was made of double pane windows and angle aluminum frame. He had to tear it down for an expansion for my business. I miss that one too. My first hot house was a picnic table turned upside down and covered with a sheet of thick plastic I got when we purchased a sofa. It worked very well but I had to make sure I rolled up the plastic as soon as the sun got a bit warm.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll say he does! Love the greenhouse tours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so awesome! You need one!! That's a really good use for red Solo cups!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had talked about having this type of greenhouse here, only smaller. Maybe in a year or two it will happen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now this is a working greenhouse! Those are some beautiful plants.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks a great greenhouse …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love Charles' greenhouse! He is handy not only with plants but with building too! What an amazing harvest he is going to have this year :) Enjoyed this picture of his ingenious work :)

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!