About The River

Monday, June 18, 2018

Graduation Party.. photos .. tips and tricks


Party photos!
And tip #1!
Have a friend be a designated photographer for the party.
My husband and I both had plans to take photos, but you get busy visiting with guests.
2020 Graduation Party checklist .. have a friend be the designated photographer.


 My mom made the cake and little cupcakes.


 Photo Posters .. I made up four different photo posters. 
It was a very special time for me and my husband to look back and pick photos out to use on the photo poster boards. I will be honest, we both cried and said to each other "it went so fast!"


Having friends who ask if they can help .. and taking them up on it. Friends made bars, helped decorate and serve the food. It was a true blessing to us to spend the day with friends and family.
Tip #2 .. we hosted our party away from home, so we had to bring everything and take everything home. I did great remembering everything. Yippee! When clean up came, I did not think about how to take left over food home. Tip for Graduation Party 2020 .. take home containers.

We served Ziti, French Bread and Salad with three choices of dressings.
Graduation cake and a variety of bars.
Water, Coffee and Soda to drink.


 Cards and Graduation Guest Book
The Graduation Guest Book cover is made from wood and is personalized. I was so pleased working with this Etsy shop.

We had candy dishes on the tables.
My theme for the party was wood. We had a wood guest book, card box, candy dishes and serving bowls



 It was a blessed day!
I thank everyone who made it special for Sam!


13 comments:

  1. The party looks like so much fun. I loved all the decorations and delicious foods. He will always treasure the memories of that celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla,
    How sweet and so touching all the fun and work that went into making the day special for Sam. It is so wonderful to have friends and family that can get in on the party makings too. That is such a blessing. Love the poster idea of Sam growing through the years. It does go so fast. I can still remember my oldest daughter's first day of school and here she is a mom with two little girls. Sam has had two wonderful parents and it shows with all his accomplishments and milestones up to his graduation. You did so great as role models to let Sam become the young man he is today. Congrats to you and your hubby. Now this is the hardest part of life!!! We now have to see them venture out as young adults to carve out a new life for themselves. I am so glad you had a super fun party for Sam. Have a great new week. Hope the storms were ok this weekend for you guys up in Wisconsin. It was hot hot hot and humid here. I am not going to complain because my poor flowers needed the heat and sunshine after all the rain we have had. Rain is moving in for us tonight. Hopefully it will cool things down some.
    xoox
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww congratualations to Sam and to you for doing such a good job. My #1 tip these day is: If someone offers help, say YES PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww what a special party for Sam! I love all of your tips! I needed another photographer too! I never take enough photos!! Our party was Saturday and there were a few things I'd do differently but it was a wonderful party and day!! I'm relieved it's over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures, it turned out so very nice! It sure does go by fast... my oldest will be graduating in 2019! I think I may be crying all year, lol.... Have a great afternoon!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your idea to have people write a note. My boys got lots of cards and I made scrapbooks for each of them but now I wish I had made a place for guests to write notes. Everything looks wonderful my friend! Good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this special moment with us Carla. I can plainly see , everyone is so happy. It looks like a great party. If the only thing you forgot was the containers for the left overs, then I think it was a very successful party. Congratulations Sam. A bright future is ahead of you.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Carla! So exciting to have this celebration for your son! You did awesome with it all, love the poster board! I know what you mean about the memories, so hard to believe the years pass that fast! Lots of great tips for the next graduation party for sure! Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful party for your son and such a proud mom moment. Best wishes to Sam! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like the party turned out great and I enjoyed your tips too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like a great time, with delicious food and wonderful friends and family! I wish we could have made it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You all look so happy. Bet it was a fun party. You have such a sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks a truly wonderful party, which will hold special memories not only for Sam but for all of you.
    So pleased you all had a fun time.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!