About The River

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Over the Moon ~ It is the Hodgepodge!

 

 Over the Moon for Spring!

Our snow is melting and soon my Flower Shack will be full of blooms!

The photo above is my Flower Shack in our front yard. This is where I sell fresh cut bouquets in the spring, summer and autumn.

And now on to the Hodgepodge.

Joyce asks the questions.

We answer the questions.

Click here to join the fun! 

 

From this Side of the Pond

 1. March 9th is National Get Over It Day...what's something you need to 'just get over already'? 

Keeping the front entry clean during MUD SEASON! When all the snow melts.. see photo above.. we have MUD SEASON here in Wisconsin. Yesterday, I decided to just sweep the front steps at the end of the day and not try to keep up with the mud traffic. 

 2. Something you're currently 'over the moon' about? 

I am forcing bulbs. I love having the surprise of the daffodils and tulips that I force open. They make looking out at the mud just a wee bit easier.

3. What's something you're 'chewing over' these days? (meaning-thinking over carefully)

My plans for my garden. Each year, I will get overwhelmed about, what will I plant where. Will I have enough room for all my plants and so it goes. Well this season I am taking some advice from a gardener who drew out a map each year to help prevent just what I described. It also helped with organizing your seed order. Taking inventory and staying disciplined is my plan this season. 

 4. The last thing you cooked or ate that was overdone?

A cookie.


5. In celebration of hitting volume 411 in the weekly Hodgepodge, give us the 411 on something happening in your life in the next 30 days.

I will be opening my Flower Shack for the season. I always get excited for the first bouquets of the season.



6. Insert your own random thought here.

"Don't just count your blessings. Be the blessing other people count on."

Anonymous

13 comments:

  1. Hi! Poppig in from the hodgepodge :) I totally resonate with mud season. Our school playground is full of them and i'm keeping towels by my garage door for the dogs at home. Ugh! But on the flipside those bulbs are beautiful! I love the bright spring colors finally starting to pop up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you with always over planting and always having too many plants. I give some away but there are not that many gardeners in the area. Somehow I've never stuck to my preplanning. I didn't had that problem when i was younger. It's probably because I had a lot more energy.

    I'm looking forward to the spring flowers. I have daffodils poking out of the ground in a sheltered spot but it's all surrounded with deep snow. Only 10 days to Spring.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Hasn't the warm weather been wonderful?! I'm sure we'll get more snow, but the trend now is toward spring! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to visit the Flower Shack one day! The snow is melting here too and it's muddy but I'll take it! I'm starting to see some bulbs popping up finally!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck with your "Flower Shack" sales this year!!!!

    🌸😊🌸

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I hear you on the mud! It's worth it though for the beautiful season that follows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your little flower shack. If we were neighbors, I'd be a repeat customer! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cute little Flower Shack! I wish I lived closer to buy some of your pretty bouquets. Ahhhh can't wait for Spring. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh...wish I could stop by your flower shack and buy a bouquet from you! How great is that. Oh man we are in the high part of mud season here and it's a constant battle especially on the car! Hope the rest of the week is mud free! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes that muddy season is not fun! I love the flowers. We are trying to decide what to plant this year. Some things vine to much it's hard to keep them in a boxed area. Hope you work yours all out. Hooray for your flower shack... enjoy! I love your quote.

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT quote and WOW I am so impressed by your flower shack! I have no such ability so I'm in awe of those who do. However, my son-in-law Chad (I may have mentioned this in another comment and if I did, sorry) is savvy with plants and he's going to help me this year to plant some lovely things in my huge planters by my pool. Wish me luck! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do like your "Flower Shack", hoping you have a good season when you open.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!