About The River

Monday, April 12, 2021

A Lemon Bundt Easter Cake

 

Lemon Bundt Cake

To make the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray bundt pan with non stick baking spray.

 Cake

3 cups of flour

Grated zest of 2 lemons

1/2 teaspoon of baking soda

 2 sticks of butter, at room temperature

2 cups granulated sugar 

4 large eggs

1 cup buttermilk

In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, lemon zest and baking soda. 

In your mixer, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs, beating well.

Add the flour mix and buttermilk, mix until well blended.

Pour into your pan. Bake for one hour or until center comes out clean.

Cool.. then on to the frosting.

Frosting 

1 cup powdered sugar

1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice as needed

Place cooled cake on a serving plate and drizzle the glaze over it.

Enjoy!

I decorated my Easter cake with colored coconut and gummy carrots.

I have found a great candy shop. Chippewa Candy Shop

I was so excited when I saw these cute gummy carrots, a perfect way to decorate my 2021 Easter cake! The best part is the carrot gummy is orange flavored.  

Our family enjoyed spending Easter together! We are so thankful for each day we have together.



18 comments:

  1. Oh MY goodness I want that entire Cake. Its beautiful. It is spring. It is Easter. I LOVE it.BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake is perfect! It looks like tiny carrots growing in the grass. And it looks so moist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing! I'm sure it disappeared quickly.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I was wondering how you made those carrots. Gummy carrots!! The cake looks delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every year your cakes get better and better. What a great tradition you have. Glad you had a great time with your family for Easter. Have a wonderful week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Thank you for the recipe, it sounds delicious. Those carrots are so cute! Glad you had a nice Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhh, how pretty.

    And yummmmmy!

    🌷🌿🌷

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the cutest cake ever, Carla!! My grands would love this anytime! Those carrots are perfect!! My girls love lemon cake, so this would be a hit all the way around. Thank you for sharing such a great dessert idea! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Easter cake looks wonderful.I love the orange flavored carrots too. What a great idea. I'm glad that your family was together for Easter. We were alone but my son picked up his Easter care package.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carla, this year's Easter cake is amazing!! You are amazing! I'm so glad your family could be together

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Your cakes just get better and better each year. You might have a second calling here, my gardening friend! A little bake shop next to your flower shop? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your lemon bundt cake look so Yummy, Carla. I knew that was colored coconut, but I've never seen gummy carrots, how clever. I'm so glad you had a wonderful Easter with your family, Carla. And I love seeing your cakes for each year. You did a great job!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, wow! This is so pretty. I love it! I bet your family enjoyed it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a darling Easter cake! I love lemon! And the gummy carrots look soooo good1 I'm glad you were able to spend the holiday with your family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. That cake looks amazing! Gummy carrots, who knew? Glad you had a nice Easter with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful cake! It actually made me smile so big! The carrots are so cute on it, and the colored coconut for grass!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum!! I wish I had picked up lemons yesterday! Putting the Candy Shop on the list to check out the next time we head north. I know Cliff would love supporting that business!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!
    That looks so good :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!