About The River

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Hello September and It is the Hodgepodge!

 

 

Happy September 

Today is Wednesday and that means it is time for the Hodgepodge.

Joyce asks the questions.

We answer the questions.

Click here to join the fun! 

 

From this Side of the Pond1. As we begin this brand new month tell us, on a scale of 1-10, where does your life fall in terms of being in 'apple pie order'? Please elaborate. (1=nowhere near it, 10=practically perfect in every way)

7 ... we have a kitchen to remodel. This is the last room of our over 100 year old house to remodel. We hope to go all in with this project yet this year, but shortages of supplies and costs may delay us. In the mean time, I close my eyes and see that practically perfect kitchen.

 2. An apple a day keeps the doctor away...are you doing your part? I do enjoy apples, but I do not eat one every day. Red or green? I love green apples. Sweet or tart? Tart!! Ever played the game Apples to Apples? It is a family favorite. Do you like apple pie? Yes!! If so, ala mode or just gimme the pie? Gimme the pie. 

3. Tell us about a time recently where you 'upset the apple cart' or the last time someone 'upset your apple cart'?  

The US Postal Office has been upsetting my apple cart as of late. Our mail delivery time is such a mess as of late. It use to be delivered about the same time every day, give or take 30 minutes. Now, our mail can be delivered as early as 11:00 AM or as late as 4:30 PM. Some days I do not get any mail, and the next day I will get a mailbox so full of mail I wonder if it was held up some place!

4. What are three words that come to mind when you think of September? 

Colors, Crisp, Fireplace

 5. What are you most looking forward to this month? 

Explores with my husband. The summer months keep me busy with my fresh cut flower business. 

My husband and I have been making September our month for adventures.


6. Insert your own random thought here. 


 A photo from one of our past September adventures.


 

 

 

 

16 comments:

  1. Love all your answers. Yum give me apples of any kind and especially in a pie!!! Have a great day today sweet friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful photos! The trees look like they are heading in to fall. Still full blown summer here. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the theme of this HodgePodge because I do love apples! Fun Q&A! I might need to bake an apple dessert this weekend because now I'm in the mood for apples. Enjoy your fun adventures this month! Happy September!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great plan to make September the month of adventures for the two of you! I don't have much faith at all anymore in the postal service. I've been mailing things way early to make sure they get to their destination on time. Happy September and adventures to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an exciting fall you will have. I hope you will take before and after photos of your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, I didn't know your house was 100 years old. Old houses are charming, but they always need work done. My house in the mountains was built in the late 1940's I believe. My brother did a lot of remodeling and upgrading before I moved in. I look forward to seeing your kitchen remodel. I love that picture of the trail in the woods, it's wonderful.

    Happy September Carla!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the kitchen. How wonderful to be restoring your house. Sorry about your mail. I like your three words. Enjoy your September of adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Car1a, these are very fun.
    App1e Pie order is nowhere to be found. We are getting bombarded dai1y with information we have to dea1 with.
    I 1ove fresh orchard app1es. The crispier the better. It is a1most time here.
    Someone upset my app1e cart an hour ago. I need to see this in a different way. it cou1d be made into a positive.
    3 September words:
    schoo1 bus
    corn maize
    perfect s1eep weather

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you have some lovely September plans! I'm going into the month kicking and screaming as usual, but I'd love to have some adventures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your kitchen reno. Look forward to seeing it. Our mail comes pretty much the same time every day. She is good! Apples of all kinds are my go to fruit in September. Have fun exploring with your hubby. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you have a lot more color than we do. Most of our trees are still green. A 100-year-old home! That's awesome! Good luck with your remodel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. September is a great month for outdoors and travel, for sure! This post is sure the "apple" of my eye, so many interesting bits in it! But I can't believe you eat your apple pie plain, without the ice cream scooped up on it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a wonderful September.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your answers. THe three words are great. I will say the USPS is struggling, as are all delivery services. I work for a postal annex so we see it personally, and I myself have had issues. I know in our area they are short staffed, and the Amazon delivery trucks have stopped delivering at least in our area so now our local post office is getting the brunt of those packages with some drivers having to go back to the main office 2-3 times to reload their trucks. While I'm frustrated, I've given them some grace. I've seen what they're dealing with. Might not be the case everywhere but at least in my area it's been tough.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy September! Happy Autumn!

    Lovely to have planned adventures. -smile-

    🍁 🍂 🍁

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your September word choices! Perfect for my favorite month of the year :)

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!