About The River

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

We Remember and it is the Hodgepodge!

 

It is the Hodgepodge!

Joyce asks the questions.

We answer the questions.

Click here to join the fun! 

From this Side of the Pond 

 
1. Something you've done recently that required you giving 110% ?

 I deliver Meals on Wheels, I found one of my participants on the garage floor. I called 911. I stayed with him and continued to talk and talk to him, to keep him alert until help came. Because he did not really talk back to me, I just continued to talk about anything that came to mind.

 2. What task-sport-chore-hobby-activity have you participated in or completed, that if judged, would land you a perfect 10?  

My autumn fresh cut floral bouquets.



 
3. What are ten of your favorite things right now? 

harvest from the garden.. late summer flowers.. my kitty sitting on my lap in the evenings.. text messages from my boys.. kisses from my husband.. late summer kayaking.. autumn sunlight dancing on the leaves.. hot tea.. new recipes and kindred spirits. 

4. Nine times out of ten I _________________________.

will spill, drip something or just be messy while eating. 

5. Where were you when the world stopped turning, twenty years ago this week? 

My one year old son Sam and I were busy getting ready for the day. We were getting ready for our daily walk. 

Later in the day, when we were outside in our front yard, our neighbor came over to say "Hi". We looked up to see an eagle flying above.  Our neighbor who is a US Marine and Gulf War Veteran, looked at me, looked up at the eagle and said "Everything will be alright."

 6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Our Prayers

♥ 


 

 

20 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting with me today. I'm glad I'm not the only messy eater. Hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Glad you were delivering that meal when you did. God bless you. Love your 9-11 memory and your random thought image!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting with me today. Glad I am not the only messy eater. hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have sure been someone's angel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post brings tears to my eyes. But your flowers are definitely bringing me joy.
    *whispers* I do the same thing as you while eating. My family call me "Grace." *don't tell anyone*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love when God gives us little signs of hope and joy. Such a sweet post Carla. Hoping and wishing you a beautiful week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speaking of kindred spirits...#4 is also me : ) I'm sorry about your Meals on Wheels friend. I hope he's okay, but am glad you were there to help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I pray that man is okay. I love your list of 10. 9/11 is a day I will never forget. Love your random. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very touching Hodgepodge. You are a hero, your neighbor is a hero, and eventually everything will be alright...even when we have lots of challenges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm messy like that too...especially when I cook! Enjoy your day and pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can be a messy eater too. Love your fall bouquets!! That must have been scary for you with your Meals on Wheels participant. It's good you were there! Kitty lap time is so sweet. Kid texts are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your favorite things, are my favorite things, too. Glad you were there to help call 911. You're a good soul. Hope he'll be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you were there to help your meals on wheels participant. Autumn is my favorite year and I will never forget 9/11. I was working at the time and could not believe it happened. Prayers for your son who is serving our country proud. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a messy eater and I passed it on to my daughter! So funny!! Your Meals on Wheels friend was lucky to have you by his side...you are an angel, Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  15. "We looked up to see an eagle flying above. Our neighbor who is a US Marine and Gulf War Veteran, looked at me, looked up at the eagle and said "Everything will be alright."

    Was that before or after the WTC was hit?

    ReplyDelete
  16. How did I missed commenting on this post? You can blame it on the pickles, lol...

    How scary this episode with your senior Meals on Wheels customer, and how fortunate that you discovered him in time. I hope that he's all right. You sure were his angel sent to him that day.

    You are not alone, I get crumbs everywhere and my husband is the messy eater. His macular degeneration is really impairing his vision.

    I no longer have a cat so I miss those Kitty lap time but because cats live a long life, I decided, no more cats. I don't think that any craft I do would land me a perfect 10. I'm a Jane of all trade and master of none.

    Enjoy the weekend.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  17. You saved that poor man's life! And gave such comfort. Your bouquets surely do deserve a 10! Remembering 9-11 -- it's heartbreaking to think back on that terrible day but your neighbor was right. I hope things continue to be alright, too, in these scary days.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 9/11... 20 years ago... Afghanistan was a safe haven, for Radical Islamists, to prepare for Terrorist Attacks, on the Free World.

    Today... 20 years later... Afghanistan is again a safe haven, for Radical Islamists, to prepare for Terrorist Attacks, on the Free World.

    Thanks to the ridiculous complete military withdrawl, from Afghanistan, done by this Administration, a week and a half ago.

    Way-to-go, *Uncle Joe*!!!

    😖

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have given 110% to my family by being the onIy (almost only) driver since 7/31. This is a huge shift for me. It has nearly cracked the marriage., but it hasn't!
    I wou1d get at perfect 10 for baking bread.
    10 favorite things right now: Nighttime on the porch
    knitting socks
    Padd1e boarding on the 1ake
    meeting up with cousins who are a11 vaccinated.
    watching the Cubs even tho they !ose
    s1eeping with windows open
    going app1e picking tomorrow
    hoping for a new fIIP PHONE SOMEDAY

    ReplyDelete
  20. I liked your ten favourite things.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!