About The River

Friday, November 12, 2021

On the Road Friday ~ Kinstone ~ Part 1

 

The August/September issue of Our Wisconsin magazine featured Kinstone ~ a modern megalithic wonder.

Our son Sam had visited Kinstone last summer. The feature in Our Wisconsin reminded me that I wanted to visit.

Below I am sharing a few photos I took from the magazine article. 

I am sharing where Fountain City is located in Wisconsin. I live about two hours Northeast.



 



Our adventure started out early in the morning October, 15th. We wanted to arrive early to Kinstone and drive the River Road back home.

I will now share some of the photos we took on our explore of Kinstone. 

What does the name Kinstone mean?

From the Kinstone FAQ's

Kinstone is a concatenation of KIN and STONE. KIN means family, it represents all relationships - between people, plants, animals, stone, water, wind, fire, earth, sky - all of it. STONE means - well, it means stone! This is a place of RELATIONSHIP punctuated by STONE that reminds us we are interwoven with everything. All is one.





The photo below is Basin Rock ~ a.k.a. The Giver ~ a basin shaped rock holding water; she offers the water to the land.


I will share more photos of our adventures to Kinstone in a future post.

Carla

 

 

16 comments:

  1. Interesting, I have never heard of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I'm impressed! Extremely useful information.

    Regards,
    Online Dissertation Help

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful place. Can't wait to see more. Happy Weekend. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carla, that is just an amazing rock structure. A lot of thought and hard work was put into the construction. I love how inside of the circular opening is even. You're lucky that is so close to your place.

    Thanks for sharing this and have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting place to visit, Carla. I like the circle that was made in the middle of the stones. And I've always loved the word "kin." They used this word back in the day, but I find myself at times using it today. ; ) The basin rock is a special one, because giving is so important for all of us to remember.

    Have a peaceful weekend, Carla.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely place to visit....

    Borrowing from the Ancient. And bringing it into the modern world. Where we need Ancient Wisdom, very much.

    🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting, Carla! What a neat place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So enjoyed seeing these photographs from your trip to Kinstone and look forward to seeing more.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool. Your very own Stonehedge. TFS Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. How interesting, and what a neat place to visit. I've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been to Stonehenge, and driven past it a few times, it's the scale that is remarkable...how they moved rocks that big in size, hundreds of years ago, before modern machinery. Kinstone reminds me of the monolithic ruins in Ireland. All so fascinating. I didn't know about this site in Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you made that trip. It looks so interesting. I love the pictures you shared. That Kinstone is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's just incredible. I had no idea Kinstone existed, least of all something like that in the United States. Just amazing. Sacred and awe-inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This place looks so cool! Thanks for sharing your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so happy you shared this Wisconsin treasure. We are hoping to visit next year!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!