About The River

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Goodbye to May and it is the Hodgepodge!

 

Hello Friends,

Goodness, it is the last week of May and it is Wednesday. Time to do the Hodgepodge!

Click here to join the fun..

Joyce Asks the Questions 

We answer the questions.

 1. It's National Wine Day (May 25)...do you like wine? Red or white? Dry or sweet? Do you have a favorite? Have you ever been to California wine country? Or any other wine region? What's a dish you make that calls for wine? 

I do enjoy wine. 

I have not been to California wine country or any wine region. If you have been a long time reader of The River, you will remember my friend Marv. He traveled every autumn to New York. He had a favorite wine and enjoyed the wine region of New York.

2. What's something you've whined about lately? 

I cannot say that I have whined, but I am genuinely concerned with many things that are happening in our nation. The price of fuel has come into the conversation, not so much in a whine, but in great concern. My family is in the agriculture business and prices for fuel are a big concern.

 3. Last time you were 'wined and dined'? Tell us about it. 

 The company my husband works for continues to host a Company Christmas Party. December 2021, we enjoyed a night on the town at the party. We enjoyed a delicious dinner, lots of laughs and a Brandy Old Fashion or two.

4. Three cheers for_____________________.

 Atticus, who had a birthday May, 18th!



5. This will be the last Hodgepodge in the month of May. Somehow next Wednesday the calendar rolls into June. Before we go though, sum up your May in twelve words or less. 

Happy Mother's Day, Happy Birthday's and Happy Anniversary on the last day of May to my best friend, Jeremy. 

We will always be in full bloom... together. 


 6. Insert your own random thought here. 


 Our Flag does not fly because the wind moves it, it flies with the last breath of every soldier who died defending it.


20 comments:

  1. Love your answers always. Atticus shares the same birthday as my granddaughter Abby. Hope he had a great day on his birthday. Have a good week and Happy Memorial Day. Let's pray for things to turn around in our nation. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your handsome son Atticus!!!!!!

    Love the Flag quote!!!

    We both loved wine, but due to health issues, can no longer have evening wine. -sigh- But the alternative is unthinkable. >,-)

    my husband has been quite sick, dealing with an infected tooth, and the Pennicillin he has had to take, which ruins his stomach... and he is sooo weak and tired, also do to the Penn..... Anyway, I have been so busy taking care of him, that I have not seen any news.

    which is probably a blessing in disguse.

    gentle hugs... on he gets the tooth removed tomorrow!!!!!

    gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all your wise answers and always enjoy reading your blog. I like also your random thought about the flag flying by the last breath of every soldiers who died defending their country. Also the fallen soldiers of Ukraine are keeping their flag flying high by their last breath.
    Prayers for the victims, families, and communities of all those innocent people who have lost their lives in the shootings in the US.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Late Birthday to Atticus, he is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your random thought and it's not so random. :) Happy belated birthday to Atticus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm visiting from Hodgepodge and I enjoyed reading your answers. I love the tablecloth (or is it a runner) in that last photo. The flowers are pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe May is almost over. What happened to this month?! I'm glad you like wine! Me too!! I would love to go to California wine country. I have been to vineyards in Italy, Virginia and New York so I really can't complain. I love thinking about your buddy Marv. Happy Birthday Atticus and Happy Anniversary to you and Jeremy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think the average American understands how the farmers fuel issues are going to affect everyone's grocery prices. And then there is the issue of infant formula. It's unnerving. My daughter plans to nurse her baby and we pray that goes smoothly. I hope your son's training is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are certainly worrying times so I hope Atticus had a good birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great sentiment about our flag. I dont like wine, but enjoyed reading your list. Happy belated birthdy to Atticus! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoyed your HodgePodge responses. I never developed a taste for wine. With the advent of Type 2 diabetes, I have even banished fruit juices from my diet. Don't really miss them as I relish the fruit in it's natural form. Liquids are a momentary pleasure. Chewing thoroughly a prescribed bit of fruit is a satisfying joy now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ARgh, had a long comment all typed and it went by by. May has gone to fast and ending up badly with another mass shooting. And still gun owners won't admit this country has a very serious gun problem. I love wine, both red and white as long as it's dry. Can't do sweet, except Marsala when using it to make chicken Marsala. I've been to CA wine country and really enjoyed it. Have been to a winery up north by Lake ERie..not bad. Also a few wineries down south near Charlottesville.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember Marv. ((Hugs)) I just paid $5.95 a gallon and that was a reduced price for using debit. That sounds like it was a fun time at the Christmas party. Happy Birthday Atticus! Absolutely love your random. That is a beautiful saying.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been fortunate to visit Napa Valley (California wine country) several times, as I lived in California for 18 years. Napa and Sonoma are beautiful places, and the vineyards are spectacular. I would enjoy having a glass of wine with you, my friend. Especially if we could sit in your beautiful garden. xx P.S. Upper New York state wine country is pretty, too. I see why your friend likes going there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. May has simply zoomed by!
    Belated Happy Birthday wishes to Atticus.

    Wishing you a happy month of June.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. First let me say Happy Birthday (belated but no less sincere) to Atticus, and Happiest of Anniversaries (ditto) to you and Jeremy. So sweet. Also I love your quote at the end. I don't do wine but I love to dine. God please help us to regain stability (not to mention sanity) in our country. We are in deep trouble. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!