About The River

Friday, October 20, 2023

Sitting at the Bank

 

Hello Friends, today I am going to share a little story that happened to me a few weeks ago. I will set the stage first. My husband is the treasurer for our local Sportsmen's Club. He recently designed the website for the club Check it out! During one of our days of errands he needed to do a deposit for the Club. He went into the bank, I sat outside in the car with the window down enjoying the summer breeze blowing on me. I was busy people watching and enjoying the summer breeze when a man came up to my open car window.

He gave me the above artwork. He shared with me that God gifted him with the talent to draw and he likes to give his artwork away, along with the important message of The Good News. 

I thanked him and he got in his car and off he went. 

My husband came out of the bank, got in the car, and looked down on my lap. 

"Where did you get that?"

I shared the story above with him.. and he said "You just never know what might happen to you when you are sitting waiting at the bank."

We both were touched because this happened shortly after our son returned home from deployment. The American Eagle is a favorite in our family. 

Carla

 



17 comments:

  1. That's an incredible story and amazing artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story gives me goosebumps. I believe God puts people in our paths for a reason and this is one of them. How beautiful and loving thank you for sharing. Hugs and Happy Weekend. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carla, this is such a beautiful art work and the poem is majestic as well. He summed up a great message of love and hope. We all need this at this time of up-evil in our world.

    What a beautiful thing to happen to you while waiting in the car. Thanks for sharing this with us and not just keeping it for yourself.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. How amazing! And was it already framed like this? Did you ever get his name? Maybe I should go and sit in a bank parking lot for awhile. Your husband did a great job with the website design, I especially like that he even included a little map.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet story, and a beautiful sentiment. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that story. The artwork is beautiful. Please thank your son for me for his service. My son is an Army Reserve Chaplain and recently returned from his deployment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this story and I giggled at your husband's comment. It's a beautiful piece and the timing was perfect. Ps...the website is awesome. Happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The eagle was so meant to be yours. I got the chills reading your story as I know you are the mom of a soldier. Am praying he does not get deployed to the Middle Eat. Such heartbreak over there now. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is so cool. What a dear man, to share his gift...he is very talented but besides the drawing, he shared the good news and that is the best gift ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This man is so talented, and it was so thoughtful of him to give you his drawing along with the poem. Special things seem to happen to you, dear friend, as you are so very special yourself, filling the world with all things good. I love the Eagle too!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing. I'm just grateful and impressed that someone has the humility in this day and time, not only to worship the Creator rather than the creation, but to share His truth with others. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing this, what a nice thing to do and for you to receive.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am very surprised by what happened to you. It is wonderful and he was so generous. Nothing like living in California where you would be possibly afraid to leave your window open. God Bless Him.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jeremy did a very nice job on the website! I like it!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!