About The River

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Happy Halloween Hodgepodge

 

Hello Friends, it is Wednesday and that means it is time for the Hodgepodge. 

Joyce asks the questions.

We answer the questions.

 Click here to join the fun!

 1. October 25th is International Artists Day...do you have a favorite artist? If so tell us who and why.

C. M. Russell 

I think he had amazing talent sharing the great American West in his works. He truly captures the history and for me when looking at his works, I can feel the West.

We visited C.M. Russell Museum in Great Falls, Montana. If you travel to Great Falls, Montana, the museum will not disappoint. 

 2. Would you describe yourself as artistic? Elaborate. 

Yes. Many people have commented that the bouquets I create are a work of art. I enjoy designing seasonal flower bouquets and I do think they are a work of art.

 3. What's a skill, task, hobby, or job you've done so often you now have it 'down to a fine art'? 

I think I have designing bouquets 'down to a fine art'. I know what flowers will last in a bouquet for long vase life. I use seed heads, herbs and even vegetables to create fun bouquets.

 4. How often do you dine out? Fast food, fine dining, or somewhere in between? Tell us about a less than stellar restaurant experience you've had recently (or not so recently if that's easier).  

We do not dine out very often.

Usually somewhere in between.

This past July we ate breakfast at one of our old time favorite cafes after we went strawberry picking. Sadly the service was poor and the breakfast was not up to the usual standards.   

 5. Do you celebrate Halloween? To what extent? Are there trick or treaters where you live? 

Yes, we celebrate Halloween. We have our light on for Trick or Treaters on Halloween night. We enjoy seeing what the favorite costumes are for the season. The last Trick or Treat for our boys they dressed up as Star Wars characters. 

We also host an annual Pumpkin Carving Party. We enjoyed our day with family this past Sunday. I will do a post soon showing off all our pumpkins.

6. Insert your own random thought here.   

A few of our past pumpkin creations.




 

19 comments:

  1. How cute are those pumpkins. So fun. Love all your answers. Have a good week. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pumpkins are carved so creatively!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That middle pumpkin is very cool. what is this stunning plant in your photo! It would be awesome in a bouquet. It looks already dried!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breakfast out might be my favorite. I love it! Your pumpkins are cute. We haven't carved ours, just have them sitting on the porch beside the mums. We won't have trick or treaters so probably won't carve. I do want to roast seeds though so on second thought maybe we will. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to eat out but more and more, it's too expensive and often disappointing. We eat simply, at home, most of the time. We don't celebrate Halloween per se but I do decorate for October. I consider myself an amateur but yes, an artist in a few areas. Certainly I am a creative! As are you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. A pumpkin carving contest sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right, your bouquets are works of art. I love that last photo with the squirril looking at the carved pumpkin. lol. It's probably upset that the seeds have been removed. lol...
    Have a happy rest of the week.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun pumpkin creations! Happy (almost) Halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We use to go out once a week to dinner, but not now. We do out monthly with our friends. It is nice to get together with them at different restaurants in our area. Your pumpkins are very creative and yes you are an artist with your flower displays. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like fun to have a pumpkin carving party. That is a nice artistic talent that you have! Flowers are such a blessing. Enjoy your Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love the C. M. Russell museum. We seem to go there almost every year when we visit Amber and Dylan. Yes, your bouquets are a piece of art. We certainly don't go out as much as we used to. The pandemic changed us. That's right, I remember your pumpkin carving parties. Hope all is well. Take Care and God Bless Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are definitely an artist with your flowers. I always enjoy seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I sure enjoy the hodgepodge post. It is fun to learn about my friends. great answers! You need to do a post about your bouquets. You probably already have and I missed it. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, look at that squirrel right next to your pumpkin. I think when they are carved, they may want to get to them more. I liked your answer to number 2. Yes, I do think you are artistic with your flowers, but also your writing, the photos that you take, and creative things you do around your home. Looking forward to seeing the pumpkin carving, Carla.

    And wishing my dear blog friend special and wonderful November days.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hadn't heard of CM Russell before so googled up.. interesting work.
    Love all your past pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed seeing your pumpkin creations.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. That squirrel was eyeing up your pumpkins. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always love seeing your pumpkin creations!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!