About The River

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Dial M for Murder and it is the Hodgepodge

 

Linus: "On Halloween night, the Great Pumpkin rises from his pumpkin patch and flies through the air with his bag of toys to all the children." 

 

Hello Friends, it is Wednesday and that means it is time for the Hodgepodge. 

Joyce asks the questions.

We answer the questions.

Click here to join the fun! 

 1. What's something that scares you? 

Storms.. I do not like storms. High wind, lightning, hail, no thank you!

 2. Do you care where the food you eat comes from? To what degree?

Yes!! To a HIGH degree. We garden, so we harvest a lot of our own veg. We pick our own strawberries, blueberries and apples. Thankfully, we are blessed to live in a farm to table area and many people who live here are very supportive in knowing where our food comes from and support the local grower and farmer.

 3. What's something you wish you'd spent more time doing when you were younger?

Spending time with my Grandma Martha. 

4. Let's play autumn this or that....pumpkin spice or apple cider? Apple Cider Corn maze or haunted house? Corn Maze Horror film or Hallmark movie? Hitchcock Movies... they are a favorite for us to watch during the month of October  Blanket or sweatshirt? Sweatshirt  Watch football or watch the World Series? I use to follow baseball.. I will go with the World Series  Foilage-red, yellow or orange?  Red

5. This time last year where were you and what were you doing?  


 
We said Good Bye to Sam and the rest of the 157th. We reminisced about his deployment over the weekend. One year ago ... off to serve our country in Africa.

We are so thankful that all are home, back on Wisconsin soil.

 

 6. Insert your own random thought here. 

A few more of my favorite Hitchcock movies..

Dial M for Murder

The Lady Vanishes

Rear Window

Strangers on a Train

The Trouble with Harry ... this one is down right funny!

And don't for get to look for Hitch... we always yell.. "there he is" when we spot him.

 ♥

Carla

 

 

19 comments:

  1. I haven't watched a Hitchcock movie in years - I might enjoy that!! I didn't answer question 1 in the same way BUT I am afraid of lightning. I would love to have a garden - my daddy and my granddaddy always had big gardens. Mark and I had a little garden the first year we were married and I remember eating broccoli straight from the garden and saying that it tasted like candy. Mark thought that was weird but it was so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watched many Hitchcock movies but I remember The Birds. I prefer comedies as I love to laugh. I loved to watch Carol Burnett and I Love Lucy, they never failed to entertain me.

    Like you I like to know where my food comes from. Unfortunately, we no longer raise our own beef but we grow most of our veggies. The farm gardens are all tilled, ready for next year if we survive.
    Stay well and happy.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lightening scares me too. The Great Pumpkin description is hilarious, I must watch it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like a scary Hitchcock movie too. North by Northwest is one of my favorites. I would love to have a garden here but the soil is red clay so challenging. Also, we're on the go so much and a garden needs a good bit of in person tlc. I'm glad your son is safely home! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A true Hitchcock fan! Fun. We'll have to look up, The Trouble with Harry. So good to have your own garden. Such a good feeling when our service people come home from deployment. Glad Sam is home safely. Happy October to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what fun to watch Hitchcock movies. I love Hitchcock. Have a great week. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a huge Hitchcock fan, Rear Window is my favorite...mostly because I adore Grace Kelly's clothes in that flick. Gorgeous. Edith Head was a genius. My second favorite is Dial M and then I just love The Birds...it's just a fun, scare movie! That's about as much scare as I can handle!! haha! So glad Sam is home. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun post! Like Lisa, I need to return to Hitchcock movies...I agree, they're fun and fascinating to watch. Happy autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great answers! Not sure about the Hitchcock movies. I struggle with any kind of suspenseful movies. lol. How super nice it must be to grown a good portion of your food. I think this is fabulous. Who knows these days about our food source unless you do grow it yourself. I sure am thankful for all of our men and women who serve our Country.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love that picture with Linus, it's such a fun one. Now, I want to see a Hitchcock movie! I don't mind storms, cause heavy rains usually follow, so here in California, we love a good rain. I like your answer to number 2, caring much about the foods you eat. Your Aunt Martha sounds like such a great person, Carla.

    A happy October week to you, dear friend.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Storms are never nice to have. Yes, you are blessed to have local products near you to buy. Enjoyed reading your answers. I'm glad Sam in home on local soil. I believe I have seen some of those movies but they are not something I would watch several times. Hope the rest of your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate storms but even worse if they come at night. I love sweatshirts, pumpkin and cider. I love all of the Fall colors and dont forget the Birds...and yes Rear Window with Jimmy Stewart. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate storms too. They are so scary! I don't think I've seen any Hitchcock films! Can you believe that? What's the ONE I must see? It's hard to believe it's been a year since Sam left for Africa and he's now safely back home! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love Alfred Hitchcock. My kids bought me the whole collection a few years ago and I always drag it out and watch a few episodes at night during the fall. He was sumthin'. So glad Sam is safe! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hitch movies are pretty great. I love Strangers on a Train but then I'm a huge fan of film noir. I have never fully understood the plot of North by Northwest but my mother-in-law attended Bowling Green University with Eva Marie Saint and of course Cary Grant was nothing if not easy on the eyes. Our Erica greatly enjoys The Birds and almost got to visit Bodega Bay on hers and Chad's visit to California before Rhett was born. It didn't work out but they've vowed to go back and she says Bodega Bay will be non-negotiable, hahaa! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fall is full of wonderful things! I agree with you - storms are no fun. I don't mind a good rainstorm, but the high winds are terrible especially with all the pine trees we have. I hope you enjoy more special times with your son and will be praying for his safety in Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rebecca is our favorite Hitchcock movie! Have you seen it? We watched it again not long ago. Have a good day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I too like to know my food! I do enjoy storms. As long as damage isnt' bad

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't watched a Hitchcock movie in years! Sounds like we need to watch some soon!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!