About The River

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

It is a Crock pot Hodgepodge!

 

Hello Friends, it is Wednesday and that means it is time for the Hodgepodge. 

Joyce asks the questions.

We answer the questions.

Click here to join the fun! 

1. What kind of thinker are you-doer concrete thinking) analyst (analytical and abstract thinking), orator (logical thinking) inventor (imaginative thinking) or original thinker (creative)? What makes you say so? You can try this little quiz (link here) to help with your answer. 

I did not take the quiz. I read the outline of all the thinkers. And I am..

The Original Thinker: Creative Thinking

You have a rare and valuable ability to think creatively.

Creative thinking is the ability to look at problems and situations from a different perspective and find unusual and often surprising solutions.

Creative thinking is a rare skill and is needed in all types of work.

 I usually can find solutions for problems and many times they are outside the box.

2. Do you own a crock pot, air fryer, and/or instapot? Do you leave said small appliance sitting out? How often do you use it/them? Favorite thing to make in one of these? 

I do own a crock pot. No, I do not leave our crock pot sitting out.

I use my crock pot several times in a month. 

I made this recipe last week, it was delicious.

Slow Cooker Beef Roast with Sweet and Salty Sauce 

3. What's something you hold a strong opinion on that matters not at all in the grand scheme of things? 

Pick up the dog poop!

I just got home from my walk with Ernie, I hold a strong opinion on dog owners leaving poop on the sidewalk, in other folks lawns and even on the street. 

 4. Describe the view from your window. 
 
The little snow we received last week is melting, birds are visiting the bird feeder and patches of grass are showing.
 
 5. Do you have a favorite brand? Explain.
 
L.L. Bean ...  all my purchases have held up very well though out the years. When we do have any issues, customer service has been fantastic. 
 
 6. Insert your own random thought here.  

Tomorrow always has the potential to out shine today!
 
 

24 comments:

  1. The dog poop problem really bugs me, too! Don't have a crock pot, but used to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like the service you get when you buy the LL Bean Duck boots. My hubs has had his almost 40 years and has sent them in twice for repairs. They come back good as new. They don't make the style he has anymore so he's happy they can be fixed if needed. Yay for signs of spring! It's 60 degrees here so feeling very springlike today. My daffodils are blooming and my iris have popped up. I'd love to skip the major pollen that is coming our way, but thats part of spring in the south. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dog poop...GEEZ! I get people not picking up if your dog goes in the woods (I may be guilty of that), but be a responsible dog owner and pick up the poop if it's somewhere someone may walk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love L.L. Bean too and yes to picking up your dog's poop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All great answers. I love using my crockpot a few times a month too. Have a great rest of the week. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your random thought. I also think picking up dog poop does matter in the grand scheme of things because it's a good indicator of what type of person they are depending on whether they pick up or leave it there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your slow cooker beef roast sounds tasty.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, and I strongly agree with #3. I have an L.L. Bean bathing suit that was worth every penny. Hooray to seeing a little bit of green. Happy day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lot of my answers would be very similar to yours. Dog poop needs to picked up by the dog owner. I do not ever leave the small appliances out on the counter. I store them in the pantry until they are being used. I too would consider myself an original thinker. This is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked all your answers today, Carla. I think I'm a logical and common sense thinker. Your beef roast in a sweet and salty sauce sounds delicious. Those crock pots really come in handy. The view from your window sounds nice. And I love your Valentine candy hearts that say February. I wanted to get some this year, but never got around to it.

    Have a good rest of the week, Carla.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed your answers...and the link to the quiz. Interesting. Right there with you regarding the dog poop (it is not that hard folks!) and a great quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun quiz. At first I thought No. 5 asked about your favorite band, but then when I read your answer I went back. LOL. I totally agree with your answer to No. 3. I just discovered a rather large sample on our front lawn this morning, and it wasn't from my Nicholas because he was walking with me on his leash and we always clean up after him. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree about the dog poop - scoop your dog's poop, please!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great post, Carla! I enjoyed every answer.

    I love my crockpot (in fact, I have several -- a 1-quart, 3-quart, and 6-quart, plus a couple of mini ones -- and keep them stashed in a cabinet). I use them a lot, especially the larger two. At least once or twice a week for sure.

    I am so with you concerning the dog poop. Especially when the snow starts to melt ... yuck.

    I feel as if I'm the original and creative type thinker too ... at least I know my day feels incomplete without some sort of creativity, and that includes finding a creative solution to a problem or figuring out a new and better way to make a recipe, do a household chore, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those sweeties that spell out February :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not sure what kind of a thinker I am, it varies. Agree on the dog poop and would add to that people letting their dogs jump on people, sniff their crouch etc. REeally hate that. Crockpot is the only one I have, but I never leave it out on the counter. I like an open counter top. I don't leave anything out except the coffee pot, toaster is always put away.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoyed reading your answers. Yes, LL Bean is very nice. Yes, people need to pick up the poop. Love your random.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like to think that I am an outside the box thinker as well. I also thank you for picking up the dog poop.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That pot roast sounds good. I pinned it. I loved your answer to #6

    ReplyDelete
  20. LL Bean is truly a great American brand. I have a few pieces. I'm a creative thinker too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is amazing to me how inconsiderate people are these days. I see so much trash on the road I walk on, people just throwing garbage out into the road, which I and others end up picking up. I use my crockpot, instant pot, and air fryer all quite a bit. I love all three, for different things. I like your positive, find a way kind of attitude! I am like that too! Where there is a will, there is a way!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So I remember reading this post weeks ago, but I think I clicked over to take the quiz and never came back!! Oops...and dog poop. Ugh...we live on a corner and there's a fire hydrant there. Enough said. I don't blame the pups, but those lazy owners really make me angry!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. We are taking a short trip next month, and taking Cletus with us! I have to remember to have bags with us so I can clean up after him!
    Saving that recipe.... sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!