About The River

Wednesday, July 22, 2026

A Yellow Flower Filled Hodgepodge

 

Hello Friends, it is Wednesday and that means it is time for the Hodgepodge.

Joyce asks the questions.

We answer the questions.

Click here to join the fun! 

 

 1. Do your goals and dreams energize or exhaust you? Elaborate. 

My husband and I can feel both. We are currently working on a goal right now. It is feeling a bit exhausting because of several hiccups we have experienced along the way. 

 2. July 23rd is national lemon day. Are you a fan of this flavor? What's a favorite dish or beverage you enjoy that calls for lemons? 

 I love lemon. I love a good lemon bar, lemon bread, lemon pie and I even tried lemon ice cream and loved that. 

 


 

 Lemon Poppy Seed Cake ... yes please!!

 

 3. "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"...is this something you're pretty good at managing? Have you had to do this recently? If so tell us about it. 

Yes, I am pretty good at making lemonade out of lemons in life. 

Yes, we had to do this just last week. We had our beach day planned on Lake Superior. The smoke from the fires came rolling in. We made the best of the day.   



 

 4. Something you love that is lemon yellow in color? 

Flowers!! Flowers!! Flowers!! 




 

 5. How would you describe your attention to detail? 

 

I do notice things. I usually will point out the detail I am seeing to my husband. 

 

  6. Insert your own random thought here. 

 

 I must have flowers, always, and always.

Claude Monet 

 


13 comments:

  1. Sorry about the Canadian wildfires. It's so horrible and makes me so sad. That lemon cake looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lemon poppyseed as well! I forgot all about that. Your yellow flowers are beautiful! I was thinking that I didn't have yellow flowers and then I saw your daisy and, duh, I have yellow flowers! Pictures of all that smoke are something. UGH. Hope everything has cleared and your air is much better to breathe now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have made a long list of flowers in my answer as I love yellow flowers a lot. I forgot about a lemon poppy seed cake but I do enjoy that too. I haven't made one in ages. I hope the air is improving there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lemon poppyseed cake looks pretty yummy. Your sweet bouquet looks so pretty. So happy that smoke has moved out of our area. Have a great week. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that smoke! That is awful. We had a day similar: we went to the beach with a bunch of families but storms blew in so badly that we had to leave early. It was not what we expected but we all met up at a restaurant back in town and made the best of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flowers are so pretty!
    I hope you can reach your goals without any more hiccups.
    I don't think I have ever tried lemon ice cream, I think I need to try that!
    Oh gosh! The smoke from the fires makes everything look so eerie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the flower pics! 🌼

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have those smoke filled skies here with the smoke sun rising as an orange orb in the sky. Yes, and amen to flowers. They are always cheering for the soul. Hope those hiccups in the plans even out!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that was so smokey!! Ours was not that thick. What did you do on that day instead of going to the beach? Your flowers are all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The smoke from the wildfires was so so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lemon & yellow flowers, YES! The first lemon dessert that popped in my head was lemon bars, but I'd say yes to any lemon flavored item.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I really love yellow flowers as well! And one of my favorite dresses was yellow. I'm thinking you did not go to the beach?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yellow flowers are quite lovely! I love the photo of the sunflower with the tiny bee . . .who may be yellow, too!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!