About The River

Monday, July 27, 2026

Garden Time in July

 

 

Hello Friends, 

July is waving goodbye, already, golly this year is flying by. It is time to take a tour of what is going on here at The Little Garden That Could.

The above photo is a miniature tomato plant I have in the greenhouse. It is called Tiny Tim. It has been giving us tomatoes since July 4th. Thank you, Tiny Tim. 

 

 

I quickly snapped a photo of this yellow Dahlia and picked it for a bouquet. The pest pressure has really picked up in the heat and humidity that we are having.

 

 

Hello Gardener's, what is causing this on my Fuchsia? The flower blossom gets nice and big. Just when it is ready to open, it turns brown? Is this some type of blossom rot?

 

 

Water drops on one of my favorite lily. I love taking photos of water drops on plants. 

 

 

The sunlight dancing in the garden is another favorite time I like to take photos. The sun is dancing on my dill patch. 

 

 

Beans and more beans. I pickled the first crop of beans. Yum, cannot wait to try them.

 

 

The raspberry patch is having a fantastic year. We have been busy freezing the berries for winter eating.

 

 

See that fella, that is the pest pressure I was talking about. Nasty old beetles.

If you can help me with what is going on with my Fuchsia I would appreciate your advice.

 

 

Carla 

3 comments:

  1. That tiny tomato plant is cute : ) We have loads of cherry tomatoes this year and are really enjoying them. Your raspberries look amazing!! I've never grown raspberries. I hope you solve your fuchsia problem. I know they are sensitive to fluctuating temps but not sure if that's the case with yours. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice coming along with you on your walk in the garden, Carla. You have so many things growing beautifully. Your Tiny Tim plant is giving you an abundance of tomatoes. Love that name, by the way hehehe. The yellow Dahlia is so pretty. Oh, those raspberries! A good idea to freeze them for winter. I just bought some at the store, and they fell apart.
    Nothing like home grown. I hope you get that little pest problem under control. You really do have a wonderful garden, Carla, and you are just the person to care for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Well done with the tomatoes, mine are growing but are not turning red yet. Your garden is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!