About The River

Monday, July 20, 2026

Going Back

 

Hiking at Colfax Day Date #22

Hello Friends,

Well, I just am not going to keep up with sharing my 52 day dates with you. I do not want to feel stressed about it. I will share the real fun ones. Ha!  We are doing something fun each week. It might just be a movie night, it is something I am documenting for my photo book I plan to make for Jeremy. I take a photo of each of our dates. 

Our current Day Date story is here 

 

Going back to Day Date #22  we went to Colfax. We went hiking. It was a beautiful day.

We ate at the Blind Tiger.

It was a fun place sharing the history of the speakeasy.

 A "blind tiger" is slang for an illegal establishment that sells alcoholic beverages, commonly known as a speakeasy. The term originated in the 19th-century United States from venues that charged admission to see a "blind tiger" as a front, but actually provided customers with an illegal drink to evade liquor laws.


 

 Several of our day dates are going for walks.  

 

On the one trail we like to hike we see these three deer often.

Can you spy the turtle?

We always love this view as it changes with the seasons.

A baby turtle.

We should have put something down in the photo to show how small it was, but let me tell you this was a wee little turtle.



 We went thrifting for one of our day dates #19. This was Dell's Architectural Antiques and it was very unique. 

Day Date #23 we watched the "new" Sabrina with Harrison Ford, Julia Ormond and Greg Kinner. 


Day Date #25 we had another movie night. We watched the "old" Sabrina.

We both decided we like the "new" Sabrina over the "old". 
 
Walking, cooking together, movie nights and some adventures too. That is just some of our Day Dates. We celebrated day date #29 last week Smoke Gets In Your Eyes 
On to #30!! We are doing it. We can make it to #52!!
 
 ♥
Carla
 


10 comments:

  1. I like how intentional you are with being together in nature. Your nature shots are so good (as is your selfie- you guys look so cute and happy together!). I have never heard of the new Sabrina movie or the old one. Now I am interested in both! Thanks for virtually taking us along on your dates :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to see that baby turtle. That thrift shop looks like something I would have wanted to peruse. The small town I worked at when I first started my work career had a speakeasy in the basement of a restaurant. You had to have the password to get in during prohibition, but now anyone can go down there. Also we use to frequent a real house in that same town where they also had a speakeasy in their basement. It remains as a bar in the basement to this day. I do not remember seeing the old Sabrina and I love old movies. Will have to check it out. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was starting to feel pressure to record them too which took away some of the fun. Ours are mostly walks and food lol. I prefer the newer Sabrina too. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be such a neat book and a wonderful gift for Jeremy. That was a lot of smoke and I'm sorry it made things difficult for that particular date. Carla...I think it is so neat how your dates include doing things outdoor. The perfect place to make sweet memories...We have not watched either of the Sabrinas....I might need to explore this opportunity... have a wonderful week Carla...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are documenting your sweet time together for your date night. So happy the smoke is starting to move out. Love that sweet little turtle you met up with. Have a good week. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, your day dates are delightful. I especially liked the day of thrifting. Sometimes we can find the best stuff on those casual days of browsing. That wee turtle is so cute. I'm glad you didn't step on it hehehe. That trail must look beautiful in Fall. Speaking of old and new movies....the new Little House on the Prairie episodes are on Netflix now. Just finished season 1. I think you would enjoy them, Carla. It shows the real frontier and all that goes with it. Have a wonderful week. Love that picture of you and Jeremy, by the way. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute little turtle. I'd not heard of the term "Blind Tiger" before. That thrift store looks fun.!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos, dear friend. The baby turtle 🐢 is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some great day dates! That turtle is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun! And I learned something about the Blind Tiger. you guys are so cute! The thrift shop looks so fun and unique. Did you buy anything?

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!