Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
Hello Friends,
It is Wednesday and that means it is time for the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. August 19th is National Aviation Day...do you like to fly? Last time you were on an airplane? The date is chosen in honor of the history and development of aviation, and celebrated on the birthday of Orville Wright. Have you ever been to the Kitty Hawk area of North Carolina? The city of Dayton in Ohio (their birthplace)
No, I do not like to fly.
My last flight was long, long ago in 2011.
No, I have not visited Kitty Hawk, North Carolina or Dayton, Ohio.
2. In what area of your life do you tend to 'wing it'? Is this an area you should be winging?
Fishing!! I really do not know what I am doing when I go fishing. I do have fun with my son Atticus when I go with him. We usually have some sort of added adventure of me getting my line tangled in a tree.
Yay, I am alright that I am winging it, I am having fun and that is what is important.
The photos below are from a fishing adventure with Atticus a few years ago.
3. A favorite book, song, or movie that relates to flight in some way?
Top Gun
" I feel the need, the need for speed."
4. Soft serve, gelato, sherbet, frozen yogurt, or good old fashioned ice cream...what's your pleasure? Your favorite flavor? How often do you indulge?
I love my homemade ice cream.
My second favorite is Culver's ice cream.
Mint Chocolate Chip is my favorite.
We sometimes can go on an ice cream high, we have it often. Then all of a sudden we do not have it all that much. That usually happens during the cold Wisconsin winter.
5. I never get tired of______________________.
Flowers!!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
We just returned from our summer bash on the farm. We had a great time visiting with family, eating good food, campfires at night, star gazing and laughs!!
Lots of belly laughs.
Yes, I went fishing with my son Atticus. An adventure it was indeed as I proceeded to get my line tangled in a tree, slid down the river bank and landed in the water. And to top it off, I did catch a fish!!! High Fives to Mom.
Atticus caught more fish than I did. But you probably already guessed that.
♥

Your fishing adventures make for good stories... if not many fish caught, lol. But think of the memories made :). I'm glad you had a great time at the farm! It sounds lovely. Your flower picture is so pretty as is your homemade ice cream picture :).
ReplyDeleteGood for you catching a fish! I feel like every time is my first time when I fish lol. Glad you had fun family time at the farm. We haven't made any homemade ice cream this summer, but will have all the grands here soon so that might be something we try. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful you could have your annual family summer meet up. Those kind of traditions make life so much better. That ice cream looks so yummy. Glad you can enjoy fishing with Atticus. Big hugs. Kris
ReplyDeleteThat homemade strawberry ice cream looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteI am not a fan of flying either and I've never even been on a plane.
I used to go fishing with my dad and my brother and I had no idea what I was doing. Fishing with Atticus sounds like a lot of fun.
What a fun time you had fishing with Atticus. I can just see you getting your line caught in the tree, sliding down the river bank, and landing in the water. But you caught a fish! Top Gun is such a classic, isn't it? Your homemade strawberry ice cream cones look Yummy. And I love those pictures of Atticus fishing. I think that first one should be framed - he is looking out to the water, and it is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteFishing is fun. Homemade strawberry ice cream is the best -
ReplyDeleteStrawberry ice cream look yummy. Used to go fishing with my Dad, not sure I really enjoyed the fishing it was just the time with Dad I like when I was young. He would go early in the morning and my two brothers didn't want to get up early and go. Funny thing is I've never gone fishing since, and they both turned into fishermen, bought boats and go all the time. LOL I'vce been to the museum in Dayton a couple of times when I was younger, it's not but about an hour from my house. I fly several times a year, can't say I find it very enjoyable. You wait in, get in lines, flights are often very crowded and don't run on time; but I like once I get to my destination.
ReplyDeleteThe purple flowers are gorgeous! Are they Hollyhocks? Your fishing adventure sounds like as sitcom! I have never flown and don't plan to. Especially with what is going on at the airports lately. I love mint chip ice-cream!!
ReplyDelete