Several of my blog buddies and friends are going through some difficult times right now. I had my own hiccup a few weeks ago and my friend L sent me the following poem for inspiration.
I am sharing it with you all today.
♥
"It is said that before entering the sea a river trembles with fear.
She looks back at the path she has traveled from the peaks of the mountains, the long winding road crossing forests and villages.
And in front of her, she sees an ocean so vast, that to enter there seems nothing more than to disappear forever.
But there is no other way. The river can not go back.
Nobody can go back. To go back is impossible in existence.
The river needs to take the risk of entering the ocean because only then will fear disappear, because that's where the river will know it's not about disappearing into the ocean, but of becoming the ocean."
"Fear"
by Kahil Gibran

Thanks for sharing this! I hope things are going better for you, friend :).
ReplyDeleteWise and wonderful words. Kind of you to share, dear Carla.
ReplyDeleteAmalia
xo
Thank you for sharing the beautiful poem to inspire us, Carla with our own difficulties and fears that we all go through in life. May this week be a beautiful week for you! ❤️
ReplyDeleteCarla....this post is appreciated more than you know. Thank you so very much. I have read it several times and plan to copy and hang on my ref. Have a Blessed day..
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful poem to share and so true. That freighter looks like the Great Lakes Trader to me in that pic. Janice
ReplyDeleteVery wise words and inspiration. Sometimes life can change on a dime and we have to face forward and see where life will lead next. Have a good week. Hugs. Kris
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing, those are very wise words. I hope things are better for you soon.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing. How kind of you. And I pray things are better for you.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Week to You!
I love that poem. So true. I'm sorry you are going through a hard time. Just remember that the God who created the heavens and earth created you and He knows you and will strengthen you through all those valleys. Trust Him and keep looking up!
ReplyDeleteSaying a quick prayer for those who need some courage - and encouragement - this morning!!
ReplyDeleteThat is a wonderful share, whether having a struggle or not!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and very inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing. ❤️
ReplyDeleteWow. I love Gibran, and used to have several of his books. This photo is amazing. I've never seen a ship like it.
ReplyDeleteThat's a beautiful poem, Carla. Thank you for sharing that. When I saw the author, I knew that I had heard quotes from Kahil Gibran, and appreciated them. This is perfect for you, as the river is the title of your blog. Have a blessed week, dear Carla.
ReplyDeleteHi Carla, I enjoyed reading your post today. I have a book from the author that was a gift when I graduated from college. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete**Carla, you gave me a laugh today about cutting the hair of your sister's favorite Barbie while playing beauty shop hehehe. It made me think of the time I cut my Barbie's bangs, and they were too short. I guess I thought they'd grow back in time, but maybe I just wanted her to have shorter bangs. ; ) Thanks for the story, Carla.
ReplyDeleteCarla, that's a lovely poem. Wise words in the face of difficult times. I'm sorry you had a hiccup. I hope it was a small one and that this week is happy and hiccup free - for you and your friends. ❤️
ReplyDeleteLove this, Carla. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteOh wow! Thank you for sharing this. Hope all is well now.
ReplyDeleteI hope your difficult situation has been resolved. Thank you for sharing the lovely poem. I am always drawn to water-life analogies and metaphors.
ReplyDeleteThat's beautiful! Sending hugs!
ReplyDelete