About The River

Monday, March 14, 2011

Feeling it, Hearing it and Smelling it....SPRING

Spring!
I went for a walk this afternoon with my dog Molly. I could feel it, warmth on my face. I could hear it, several birds singing and morning doves cooing. I could smell it, the snow melting. I also saw some maple trees tapped for syrup. 
The change of season. 

A Time for Everything

3:1 For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.

2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty picture. I wasn't quite ready for the snow to be gone. It will soon be too warm for fun winter activities but not warm enough for fun summer activities. But seasons come and go whether we're ready or not. Maybe this will be a good time to get some of my neglected indoor painting projects done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God that He controls the universe and that surely springtime follows winter. I am so ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!