About The River

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Car Show





 This summer we attended our local Car Show. The highlight was a co worker  and friend of my husband had a car at the show. Adding to the fun, my husband has been helping design parts for the car.


 As you can see the car still needs some parts. It is a fun hobby for my husband's friend Brian to hunt for the parts needed to complete the car.



 Below is my husband Jeremy, Brain and his sweetheart Deb.
Deb has the the dark colored car. Brain has the red car.


Let us peek at a few more of the fun cars at the show.


You never know what you might see at a car show!






 I thought this was a fun idea on how to set up your car for show and tell.



And our favorite car! We just loved this Volkswagen.

Do you have a favorite old time car or new car?


I would not mind taking this Mustang for a spin!


One of my grandpa's favorite songs.
 

14 comments:

  1. Way too hard to pick a favorite. And you thought I would pick the red one...😉 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun Carla. We have these car shows in the downtown area of our town in the summer on Friday nights. It is fun to walk around and see the beautiful cars and how they have restored them. Terry's dream would be to find an old Fire Chief car. We are always on the look out. Have a great rest of the week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mid 1960s Mustangs and Shelbys for sure! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kind of like that mustang too, not too crazy about the color but it looks in good condition. It looks like a lot of fun. Some of those old restored cars are a beautiful sight.
    Enjoy the rest of the week.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is the cute red car that your husband is helping with. It is pretty. The design reminds me in a way of the modern PT Cruiser. I love going to car shows! Wow, those spikes on the wheel cover are wild! My favorite car...I have always liked the little V.W. Bugs,but sadly, they are not making them anymore. So my new favorite is our new car, a RAV 4.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Sam loves that song! And that's too cute, with the drive-in tray! What a fun way to spend an afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! Loved the Johnny Cash song, Carla! Very cute, and great accompaniment to your post. Car shows are always fun. My favorite car? 57 Chevy, hands down! Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't believe I've ever been to a car show with the older retro cars but I love them. I have a friend on Facebook who goes to shows like this all the time. Looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love old cars, and that song too! Where was this car show? It looks like there was a good turnout! And the sun was even shining :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at all those beauties!
    My "Cherry Delight" (my 56 Ford) needs to be there. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  11. My family would have enjoyed that show.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks a fun car show, I enjoyed seeing all of your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like those spiked rims! I usually attend at least one car show a year but, unfortunately, didn't make it to one this year. I like to see all the work that's put into the vehicles.

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!