About The River

Friday, March 27, 2020

Color for the month of March ~ Green

Hello Friends,
I have been inspired by a few bloggers who are featuring color posts.
 January I chose white.
February I chose red.

For the month of March I decided to feature the color green.

green
noun

Definition of green 


1 : a color whose hue is somewhat less yellow than that of growing fresh grass or of the emerald or is that of the part of the spectrum lying between blue and yellow

 



"March winds and April showers bring forth May flowers."
English Proverb
 




It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light and winter in the shade.
Charles Dickens
 




 "Sometimes we can only find our true direction when we let the wind of change carry us."
Mimi Novic 






"Spring will come and so will happiness. 
Hold on.
Life will get warmer."
Anita Krizzan





"Spring is the time for plans and projects."
Leo Tolstoy
 

10 comments:

  1. Lovely photos Carla. Love the pebbles and the teapot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The pictures saturate my screen with gorgeous green, like being in a forest. I like it even better than my pink post today! Love the cute toad, teapot and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect, I love your examples of green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe or not, green is really my favorite color and always has been. My eyes are green, my clothes are green, my room is green. So I love this month's color!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Excited to see these colors out of my window, and on our walks soon! The spring rains have me hopeful for a good morel season soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great color for us now. With Spring starting and we are seeing new life in the grass and plants with pretty green.
    Love all your little pictures.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Green, in all its shades, truly is my favorite color! Your photos and quotes illustrate your post beautifully. I remember reading on some design blog that two colors go with everything--black and green. And that's true, but I would so much rather saturate my house with green than with black.

    I wonder what April's color will be?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trilliums! I was just thinking of them today - I wonder how long it will be before we spot the first one in our woods? The daffodils and tulips are already pushing up through the mud in the yard - I can't wait until they flower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Green is the perfect color for this time of year! Spring is out in force around here, a million wildflowers. Of course, we are missing it all, staying at home in isolation, but it is nice to know that it is out there. Beautiful photos, I enjoyed them. Stay safe, my friend!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Each photograph is beautiful !!!!!!!! The moss and grasses in the woods are so bright green!!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!