About The River

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Freedom Rings and it is the Hodgepodge!

 

Hello Friends, it is Wednesday and that means it is time for the Hodgepodge!

Joyce asks the questions.

We answer the questions.

Click here to join the fun! 

From this Side of the Pond 

 
1. Tell us about one small blessing you have counted in the past week?

 Safe travel for family and friends during the holiday week.

 2. Bastille Day is celebrated on July 14th...have you ever been to France? Any desire to visit or re-visit, and if so what site or city would you most want to see? (pretend for a minute international travel isn't an issue) 

I have not been to France.

Yes, I would like to visit. I would enjoy visiting rural areas of France. I enjoy learning about agriculture in other areas. I would enjoy seeing French farms.

3. A food associated with France that you love? 

A classic French baguette.
 
4. Something you recently purchased where a coupon was involved? Do you regularly shop with coupons? 
 
One of our favorite markets, Woodman's, has coupons placed next to products. We recently purchased some frozen onion rings and a coupon was included. 
I do not cut coupons, but I will use them if available at the store. 
 
5. You have to give something away this week...what will it be? 
A flower bouquet.


 6. Insert your own random thought here.

One of my favorite historical fiction works about the French Revolution is  ~ A Tale of Two Cities ~ author Charles Dickens ~  I read it aloud to my boys. It is one of our favorites. 

I highly recommend it to celebrate Bastille Day and how important freedom is!

 

15 comments:

  1. I'd love to have one of your bouquets! They are gorgeous. I sometimes order from a place called Farm Girl Flowers. My daughter has sent me some from there and they do such a lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's a lovely bouquet to give away. We always appreciate safe travel for friends and family and ourselves. Glad you've figured out a way to grow and enjoy lavender. Happy Hodgepodge to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bouquets are always so beautiful! Viva La France!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bouquets! And I loved "A Tale of Two Cities," too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to dream of visiting France but not anymore with all the unrest. My daughter has visited France many times and always sent us post cards describing the many places she visited.

    Your bouquet is absolutely gorgeous.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. For our 40th Wedding Anniversary, my husband gave me 8 days in Paris.

    I had always wanted to go, and then, we did. Spring, and the weather was perfect.

    I was on 'Groups' and 'International Mailing Lists' then (1999), and we met in Paris, with 2 people I Net-knew. One woman from a Group, met with us.

    A young man, whom I had met on a 'Group', met with us 3 times, and made sure I saw "the real Paris," which he knew, I wanted to see.

    It was a once in a lifetime experience. I'd not want to go again, since the world has changed so much, since then.

    Happy Bastille Day!

    Oh, and a food from France we love, is escargot!

    πŸŒΌπŸ‘πŸ’›πŸ‘πŸŒΌ

    ReplyDelete
  7. I took French for 5 years in high school and was totally obsessed with all things France. And of course your lovely bouquets always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flowers are so pretty. Loved to read your sweet answers to the questions. I would love to visit France and check out the countryside too. Happy Thursday. Have a great rest of the week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Market flowers are the best!!!! I'd love to travel rural areas too...I'm not a big city person.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you; freedom above all else!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read that! I should. Your flowers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I love French Beignets. We all need to not take Freedom for granted and alas so many are these days. I lived on a French farm...well my grandparents were French, so their farm was based on what their parents had in France only here in the US. Never been to France myself either. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful bouquet! Sunflowers are one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to enjoy a French baguette while looking at your beautiful flowers! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is always a wonderful blessing when safe travels happen. I'm always praying for that even in short distances. Mark is into Baguettes. The Publix store by my dad's always had coupons available by products. You bouquets are always lovely.

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!