About The River

Monday, February 7, 2022

February Article for the Cameron Chronicle

 

Hello Friends,

Today I am sharing the article I wrote for the Cameron Chronicle,

 "The Little Paper With Personality." 

My fresh cut flower business is open May - September .. so The Little Garden That Could misses out on Valentine bouquets. In the article I share tips and tricks for purchasing Supermarket bouquets.

Happy Valentine's Day

 ♥

Carla

 

Valentine Supermarket Bouquets

By Carla TePaske of Cameron WI ~ The Little Garden That Could


The Little Garden That Could misses out on Valentine’s Day, as my garden is still asleep. Those of us who want to purchase local fresh flowers can find it rather hard during the Valentine season. Many times our only option is to pick up a Supermarket bouquet. If you are going to pick up a Valentine Supermarket bouquet here are a few tips.

You want to choose a flower bouquet that has tight buds. This way your bouquet will open once delivered to your loved one and last longer.

Be sure to strip the leaves from the stem, leaves in your vase water creates dirty water and your flowers will not have a long vase life.

When arranging your Supermarket bouquet be sure to give each stem a new healthy cut.

Keep your bouquet filled with water.

Place flowers away from direct sunlight.

Cut fresh stems when changing water.

Happy Valentine’s Day from The Little Garden That Could

16 comments:

  1. I did not know this info about bouquets! I am sure I will put it to use, and now they will last a lot longer! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the helpful tips on choosing bouquets from the supermarket. It wont be long before you make flower arrangements again.

    Take care and stay safe and well.

    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Tips Carla and I know when your little shack of beautiful bouqs opens again everyone will be smiling and stopping by. Have a great week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips! That is a lovely bouquet in your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tips! Grocery store flowers are my go to, even in summer, since my thumbs are not as green as yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good advice! I've avoided indoor venues for a while again. Now that the COVID numbers are going down again, maybe I'll put on a double mask and go get some flowers. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good article, Carla. I do all the things you mentioned and it does help the flowers last longer. The longest lasting bouquet I've had in the past few years (aside from the ones I cut from my Oregon garden when I lived there) was an arrangement my son and daughter-in-law gave me for Mother's Day last year. They purchased it from a florist in their town, and I was simply amazed at how long that beautiful arrangement lasted. Purchased flowers are not cheap, so I was happy that the money they spent brought so much enjoyment. Have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tips, Carla. You know much about gardening and flowers. It's been awhile since I bought a bouquet of flowers at the store, and I've been wanting to do that. Carnations are a favorite of mine any time, but especially at Valentine's Day. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are perfect suggestions that I do use myself. Actually I worked for a place called Flower Island which was a free standing kiosk in the mall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent intel, Carla! I hope I get some supermarket flowers to try it all out on. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. We can never have real flowers in our home, as they make us have allergy stuff. Which is rather sad. :-)

    😷 👦 😷 👧 😷
    Masks and Kids
    Badddddddddddd

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank You!!!!!! I keep most of my f1owers outside due to the cats. I have one f1ower vase that is attached to the wa11 and they can't get at it. Hmmmmm. Im on my way to the grocery store.......the good one with good f1owers

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous bouquet, dear Carla! And thanks for the tips. I adore flowers.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!